Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finale NotePad

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JoelEoM, Nov 3, 2002.

1. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    so i downloaded the program, and i love it(more so because its free), but i have one problem...i cant figure out how to change the time signature in the middle of a piece. the piece starts in 3/4, then has two measures of 2/4, as a transition to finish the piece in 4/4. ive already read thru the help file, but i didnt see anything on this. anybody know how i can accomplish writing this in this program?

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Tools --> Key Signature.

Then, click on the desired bar where the change starts.

3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i've been wondering the same thing...

and i just tried your suggestion, jazzbo.

does that pertain to the cheap-o shareware version?

b/c it just doesn't seem to work out. first of all, the key signature tool just changes the key signature. what is more, i am not able to change the key signature mid-song--only the first (and only) key. clicking on a measure with the key sig. tool selected does nothing.

:confused: :confused:

4. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I'm not sure if it works on the shareware version. I have the actual program, and it does work for me. Sorry guys.

5. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Yeah I have notepad too. The ability to change key signatures and time signatures in the middle of the song is one of the things that separates the shareware version and the full version.

6. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    i was afraid it might not be capable of that.