1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Finale - urgent help needed!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Eli M., Oct 26, 2006.

1. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    Does anyone know how to do this in Finale (I am using the 2003 version but I know it can be done)...

I am writing out a part in the grand staff, and I need to connect the staves. In other words, I need to be able to have a note in the treble be beamed together with a note in the bass clef. I remember seeing this in the manual many years ago, but I can't figure it out.

Preferably there would be a way to combine the grand staff so it could be edited as one, BEFORE you input the notes.

:help:

2. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Write all the notes in one staff. Then go to Tools > Advanced tools > Note Mover. In the NoteMover menu, make sure that the "Cross Staff" option is checked. Click on any note's notehead and a handle will appear on every note. These handles allows you to drag the notes to the other staff. The thing is, beams and stems directions change, so you must use the Special Tools bar (Window > Special Tools Palette) to adjust them. Let me know if this works.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 1, 2020