Finally, a decent amp!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ben Lesser, Oct 24, 2006.

1. I just pulled the trigger on a wicked online deal for an Epifani T-310 cab. :D This'll go with the GK400RB that I picked up a couple of weeks ago.

It's my first real rig. I've been playing on a Behringer BX600 for the past 3 years. :crying:

The Epifani should be here in a couple of weeks.

:D

Discuss the amazing feeling you get from upgrading your rig for the first time.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    That will be an amazing upgrade. From basically IMO the worst major amp company (behringer) to the best (epifani) and gallien krueger gets a lot of respect from me as well.

Ive upgraded in increments. I went from a bad little combo, to a good larger combo, to a decent half stack, to an amazing half stack.

Not quite the jump you are making. You will be impressed.

3. Haha, yeah. I've heard nothing but great things about Epifani cabs and I'd already given the GK an extensive test drive down at our local store.

One of the things that I like about the Epifani is that it's a 3x10 and still surprisingly light. And for the price I was being offered, I wasn't about to refuse, either.

I'm just starting to get some gigs as a solo musician and this'll really help, since I'll actually be hearable now. :p

4. MacGroove

MacGroove Brother of the Groove with a 'Pocket Full of Funk'

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    It's a good feeling isn't it, congrats.

5. Yes, it certainly is. :)

I promise lots of pictures when it arrives.

Not like you guys haven't seen a million of them, though. :p

6. Alright, here she be!

IMG_2304.jpg

IMG_2296.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

I love it. Amazing amp. :D I'm an Epifani convert.

7. Fawkes007

Fawkes007

Sep 13, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    That will get you there and back! Congrats. It is amazing how important a quality backline is.

8. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    FOR ME its not just the first time, but each time I make a significant upgrade. I can't wait to go to practice or gig. Never tire of hearing the other players say "this amp is better than the last" or "wow, that new bass sounds great!!" I don't really think about the money thats spent/gone I just relish the emotions that surge when I play and dial in a great tone!!! :hyper: :hyper:

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021