FINALLY, a new band

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by QORC, Feb 20, 2006.

1. QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    East Coast
    some of you may or may not recognize me - I was in a band called Furious George which broke up last summer. But that was ok, because a month later, I got a job offer in the Philadelphia area.

Well, I immediately sought out bands. I had so many replies, and so many odd try-outs. I really wanted to play with good musicians this time and NOT do a 'start-up" if possible. It took MONTHS, much longer than I thought it would. Some bands definitely play the "age card" - anyone over 31 need not apply. *sigh*. Other bands wanted to play only originals (not for me - I have no interest in being signed or touring. I just want to have some part-time fun!). Still others were "wanna-bees" - not as good as they thought they were.

Well finally found a good situation - the former members of "Mudshovel" wanted to go in a more mainstream cover direction than they had. Between their old sets and Furious George's, we quickly patched together 50 songs to play out.

And our first gig is March 18th!!

Also, I've been working on a website for them (and a blog):

What are your thoughts on our Set List?
  2. mwm70

Oct 27, 2004
    Congrats on the new gig.

I like the setlist. I am in a band covering probably 10 of those songs. They go over real well for us.

Good luck.
  3. Gomez

Gomez Live from the Shire

Apr 15, 2005

Congrats. I've got me a new band too! Great guys, we're all on about the same level. No covers.

Have fun.
  4. Congrats on finding a new project you seem to like. I checked your setlist...looks like it should go over well with most bar crowds, etc. Good mix of "classic" stuff with slightly newer tunes. Our band does a few in there (Sedated, Jenny, Brown Eyed Girl, etc).
  5. Good deal. And as long as you're doing a Kenny Loggins cover, why not do "Highway to the Danger Zone?"
  6. QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    East Coast
    you hit on the ONE song in our set list that TRULY makes me cringe! it wasn't my idea! I'm definitely not going to suggest more Loggins tunes! ha!