1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

finally a new family member!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TxBass, Feb 11, 2003.

1. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    Well...after weeks of looking/shopping/trying out some different models, I finally bit the bullet and bought a 6-string. Schecter Studio 6. I was very close to getting a Kingston 5 (thanks for the help Gard--you're awesome!) but I just loved the feel/look/etc of this one. Plus it was a good excuse for me to go to a six.

Advice on going from 5 to 6? So far it feels kinda nice...

2. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I think she has a very nice backside...;)

3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Wow, i really don't like the looks of most Schecters, but that thing looks real nice! ive been looking for an excuse to try 6 strings to......how does it play?

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Pratrice, pratice & more pratice. It's not really hard converting from one to the other but if you switch back & forth, you'll probably be looking for the C string that isn't there. :)

P.S. Really nice bass.:bassist:

5. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Hey not too shabby!

6. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    to me it feels smooth. a bit wider, but I'm already working out some basslines that I can use that extra string on--that part will be fun! My problem is I don't have huge hands so it will take some work to get comfortable (but that's the fun part, right?)

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Congrats! I always liked the looks of the nicer Schecters.