finally a new family member!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TxBass, Feb 11, 2003.

1. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    Well...after weeks of looking/shopping/trying out some different models, I finally bit the bullet and bought a 6-string. Schecter Studio 6. I was very close to getting a Kingston 5 (thanks for the help Gard--you're awesome!) but I just loved the feel/look/etc of this one. Plus it was a good excuse for me to go to a six.

Advice on going from 5 to 6? So far it feels kinda nice...
  2. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I think she has a very nice backside...;)
  3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Wow, i really don't like the looks of most Schecters, but that thing looks real nice! ive been looking for an excuse to try 6 strings does it play?
  4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Pratrice, pratice & more pratice. It's not really hard converting from one to the other but if you switch back & forth, you'll probably be looking for the C string that isn't there. :)

P.S. Really nice bass.:bassist:
  5. Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Hey not too shabby!
  6. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    to me it feels smooth. a bit wider, but I'm already working out some basslines that I can use that extra string on--that part will be fun! My problem is I don't have huge hands so it will take some work to get comfortable (but that's the fun part, right?)
  7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Congrats! I always liked the looks of the nicer Schecters.