Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally, a pedal everybody could use.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I don't care if you are the curmudgeonest, old-codgerest, dinosaurest bassist on the planet, you could use your pedal.
    [​IMG]

:D I'm so anti-groove, it's sick. Needless to say, I am ordering one tomorrow.

2. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    OMGROFLMAO!!! Awesome dude.

Did you notice some of their guitar pedals work equally as well on bass? My personal favorite -

[​IMG]

of course it's not quite the Uriah Heep "3 bassists killed by the blue flame" sound I'm after, but it helps! :D

3. are there anymore pics of these?

they're pretty funny in a corny kinda way

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    dude,

these are great. lmao!!

:D

5. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    Sure... here's one for every guitarist that thinks wearing shorts and jumping up and down is a "technique"!

[​IMG]

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Oh gosh, these made my day guys.

7. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I'd like 2 each, please.:)

8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well I wouldn't use the first pedal - Jaco never slapped or popped really and he was one of the best groove players ever - I would rather have Jaco's feel for grooves than any pedal! :spit:

9. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    where did you get these pics?

10. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    :spit:

how rude!!

;) :D

BTW, smarty pants - how do you copy them to the hard drive?

11. They didn't. See how there is no attachment? They copied the address of the pictures in the properties menu, and posted it using the [​IMG]

12. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio

13. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Well, if YOU wanted to have them on your hard drive, you probably know what to do, but here goes anyway! Just right click, hit save as.... and bingo bango. Freaky Already said it, but when you find a image on the internet, it has it's own link. If you right click on that link, go to "Properties" and click it, it will show the link that is the image. something like "http://www.blahblah.com/COOLPIC.JPG". If you highlight this text by dragging your mouse across the link, and then hit "Crtl+C" It will copy the link to your clipboard, that invisible windows chalkboard. Then, you can head on over to tb, and use THIS nifty peice of code (Exclude the *'s)

[im*g](this is the space where you hit "Ctrl+V" To send what you copied earlier to this blank space.)[/im*g]

So, it would be something like

[im*g]www.crazypics.com/loonytunny.jpg[/*img]

Without the atrisks (*). Then when you go to your post, all the code and link will not show. Just the picture that is on the link. The code bassicly says "This is a picture, and I want to show it in my post.". This works well for attachments, if you save their links somewhere, you simply need to use the above code, and it will show them from where you already saw them before, so no need to reattach the same image more than once. It's a hard thing to remember to do though.:meh:

14. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    thanks

freaky fender and i were IM'ing each other on this.

my comp was not letting me right click on the images (don't know why) but a little rectangle automatically popped up giving me options like save, email, folder, etc.

i couldn't believe that i didn't snap at that!

then freaky fender started comparing me to his teacher that had to have her ATM card removed from her floppy drive.

i'm getting old!

:D ;)

15. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    nojazzloco, it's not you. The RedTele page has some quirks to it, one of which is disabling your right mouse button functions. I use AdMuncher to stop this type of annoying M$ false html behavior.... YMMV