1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Finally a pic of my whole rig!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ívar Þórólfsson, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I know you all love pictures, so here are a couple of pics which I took last night of my and my rig!

YAY!

Picture 1:
    My '02 MIA Fender Jazz V
    Trace Elliot RAH350SMX amp.
    Trace Elliot 1048H 4x10" cabinet.
    Trace Elliot 1518 1x15" cabinet.
    Sansamp Bass driver DI.

[​IMG]

2. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Picture 2:
    Me and my band (drummer not on pic) in action. I´m sporting my new black Talkbass t-shirt! :)

[​IMG]

3. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Finally, a pic from last year of my fender.

[​IMG]

I think I have finally satisfied my GAS. The only thing that´s left is to get a decent flight case and a rack mounted tuner!

4. Ver nice man! Love that Fender! :)

5. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland

Yet another one!

[​IMG]

6. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Man, that Fender is a thing of beauty. I also own a passive Jazz V and I absolutely love it to death.

That rig is a bit much though! :eek: It's HUGE! I think you could get by with just the 4x10 cab for practice. ;)

7. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Thanks! Luv my Jazz.

The rig huge? Nah ;)
    I tried it the other day using just the 4x10 cab, I felt like something was missing. The volume is just so HUGE with both cabs!

Besides, my rig stays in our practice room. The only time I move it is when we gig (which we haven´t done since november 2001 :( )

8. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Icez: You suck!!!!! I want a Trace Elliot Rig :(

Mine is a 7210H Combo with a 1048H 4x10. and Icez, aren't the RAH350s pre-gibson since they don't offer it anymore? I would like a RAH350 myself

DM

9. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Yup, the RAH350 is pre-Gibson. It´s nearly impossible to find any info on these on the net. I have only found one other so far on e-bay.

This rig just kinda fell in my lap. I saw it advertized on a local webpage here in Iceland, the owner had to sell it right away, needed the money so I got it very very cheap!

I took the rig gladly off his hands for 1000$.
    The other day I saw just the head alone on ebay and it was going for approx 800$.

Good amps!
    Good rig!
    Good times! ;)

10. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Yes, we love pictures. Nicely done! Nice gear, too... I can understand why you don't have GAS*.

*Not for a little while, anyway. ;)

11. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I like how the singer is next to the bass rig, and wearing headphones. And I saw a bottle of Coke. Nice stuff there, nice stuff. :)

12. Hey nice rig, awhile ago i had the chanse to bye a Trace Eliot 4x10 cab and a head, they looked just like yours. 2nd hand, with flight cases. I didn't go 4it because i didn't had the cash nor room to place it at that time. Does it souns as good as it looks? it costed 1200€ (that's about the same in US$) shoold I feel bad 4 not buying it, was it a god deal?

13. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Thanks ;)
    Both the singer and my brother the guitarist (also backup vocals) and the drummer use headphones so they can hear the music better. We run everything into a 16 channel mixer, including the drums, so they get the whole perfomance directly into the headphones. Since I don´t sing, I don´t need no stinkin´ headphones ;) I´m just happy using my ER 20's earplugs.

Thanks!
    Yup, that´s a pretty good deal you got offered there. The Trace Elliot has a wide variety of tones, and you can tweak the bejeezuz out of it with the 12 band EQ and the presets. (Not to mention the dual compressor etc.).