Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally a pic of my whole rig!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ívar Þórólfsson, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I know you all love pictures, so here are a couple of pics which I took last night of my and my rig!

YAY!

Picture 1:
    My '02 MIA Fender Jazz V
    Trace Elliot RAH350SMX amp.
    Trace Elliot 1048H 4x10" cabinet.
    Trace Elliot 1518 1x15" cabinet.
    Sansamp Bass driver DI.

[​IMG]

2. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Picture 2:
    Me and my band (drummer not on pic) in action. I´m sporting my new black Talkbass t-shirt! :)

[​IMG]

3. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Finally, a pic from last year of my fender.

[​IMG]

I think I have finally satisfied my GAS. The only thing that´s left is to get a decent flight case and a rack mounted tuner!

4. Ver nice man! Love that Fender! :)

5. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland

Yet another one!

[​IMG]

6. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Man, that Fender is a thing of beauty. I also own a passive Jazz V and I absolutely love it to death.

That rig is a bit much though! :eek: It's HUGE! I think you could get by with just the 4x10 cab for practice. ;)

7. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Thanks! Luv my Jazz.

The rig huge? Nah ;)
    I tried it the other day using just the 4x10 cab, I felt like something was missing. The volume is just so HUGE with both cabs!

Besides, my rig stays in our practice room. The only time I move it is when we gig (which we haven´t done since november 2001 :( )

8. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Icez: You suck!!!!! I want a Trace Elliot Rig :(

Mine is a 7210H Combo with a 1048H 4x10. and Icez, aren't the RAH350s pre-gibson since they don't offer it anymore? I would like a RAH350 myself

DM

9. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Yup, the RAH350 is pre-Gibson. It´s nearly impossible to find any info on these on the net. I have only found one other so far on e-bay.

This rig just kinda fell in my lap. I saw it advertized on a local webpage here in Iceland, the owner had to sell it right away, needed the money so I got it very very cheap!

I took the rig gladly off his hands for 1000$.
    The other day I saw just the head alone on ebay and it was going for approx 800$.

Good amps!
    Good rig!
    Good times! ;)

10. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Yes, we love pictures. Nicely done! Nice gear, too... I can understand why you don't have GAS*.

*Not for a little while, anyway. ;)

11. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I like how the singer is next to the bass rig, and wearing headphones. And I saw a bottle of Coke. Nice stuff there, nice stuff. :)

12. Hey nice rig, awhile ago i had the chanse to bye a Trace Eliot 4x10 cab and a head, they looked just like yours. 2nd hand, with flight cases. I didn't go 4it because i didn't had the cash nor room to place it at that time. Does it souns as good as it looks? it costed 1200€ (that's about the same in US$) shoold I feel bad 4 not buying it, was it a god deal?

13. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Thanks ;)
    Both the singer and my brother the guitarist (also backup vocals) and the drummer use headphones so they can hear the music better. We run everything into a 16 channel mixer, including the drums, so they get the whole perfomance directly into the headphones. Since I don´t sing, I don´t need no stinkin´ headphones ;) I´m just happy using my ER 20's earplugs.

Thanks!
    Yup, that´s a pretty good deal you got offered there. The Trace Elliot has a wide variety of tones, and you can tweak the bejeezuz out of it with the 12 band EQ and the presets. (Not to mention the dual compressor etc.).