Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally! A real bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lessthanpunk, Jun 28, 2002.

1. lessthanpunk

lessthanpunk

May 6, 2002
    I just got my MIA Fender Jazz Bass. Before, I was playing the Ibanez gsr 100 (a beginner bass) its great to have a nice bass to play, with some tone and playability. I really love it, but the strings on it are really old. (Its a 97) I got it off ebay and heres one of the pics!

2. Congrats! Love the color. Glad you're happy with it!

Jeff

3. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Montana
    Congratulations! My '97 MIA Jazz feels wonderful. As a matter of fact, everyone I've heard from with a '97 MIA Fender is pleased. It must have been a good/magical year for them. :)

4. lessthanpunk

lessthanpunk

May 6, 2002
    I just got my MIA Fender Jazz Bass. Before, I was playing the Ibanez gsr 100 (a beginner bass) its great to have a nice bass to play, with some tone and playability. I really love it, but the strings on it are really old. (Its a 97) I got it off ebay and heres one of the pics!

5. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    It's a beauty:)

6. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    I like the color very much.

7. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    very nice... congrats~

8. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Nice. I like maple fretboards.

9. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    :) I like it, I love J basses!

10. Sweet bass. Does Fender call that color 'Lake Placid Blue?' I had a G&L bass a couple years ago with basically the same color.

11. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    Does Fender call that color 'Lake Placid Blue?'

yes. they finally made it available for the non-62 reissue basses. my fav. fender color.

12. lazybassass

lazybassass

Jan 23, 2002
    Mass
    congrats on the new bass. thats a great bass. im usually not a big fan of basses that color but it looks great.

13. lessthanpunk

lessthanpunk

May 6, 2002
    Yah, I really like the Maple with the (lake placid blue)? I guess thats what its called. Its great!

14. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    Is that what Blue Agave looks like? If not anyone have an example pic? I also really dig that color.

15. Sweet bass! . Really nice. I had one just like it but sold it about 2 years ago. I wish I hadn't .. I am so happy for you! Nice tile. I have the same tile in my kitchen ..Home Depot?:) Congratulations on your big step forward in the bass world. Fender Jazzer's rule!!!!

16. pssst, you can probably delete this thread since you accidentally created two identical threads. ;)

EDIT: never mind, looks like the two threads got merged.

Very nice bass, BTW:D

17. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Mabye he just really really liked his bass. Hell if i had something like that id start 15 threads! :D

18. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    very cool

19. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Congrats. Have fun with her and remeber all of us with our cheap little compies of basses like yours :( :mad: :D

20. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Nice bass.

I too like the color, nice clean looking bass.