1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

finally! an awesome amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ABH_bassist, Oct 23, 2006.

1. ABH_bassist

ABH_bassist

Feb 24, 2005
    jax beach fl.
    just bought my very first tube amp, and reallt, my first good amp, ever.
    went with the SVT classic. was a tossup between that, the svt 2, and the mesa boogie bass 400.

worked out a deal with the guy to get a new in box model, 1450 out the door.

i am extremely excited and thought id share.
    thanks to everyone on here who answered questions in my quest.

now its time for a new bass, hmm then probably a new cab. then another bass hahaha

GAS is back already

2. it never goes away, i just got my swr stack and im already looking to add to it... idk why, its pretty much perfect for the jazz thing that i do which is the only place i use it.

3. I'm soooo jealous!
    Those things cost $2,300 online in Europe & more in the shops.
    Still looking for my first decent rig.
    Probably go with the SVT 6. No tubes & about the same price as your classic cost!

Maybe I'll pick up a second hand SVT IIP preamp & hook it up to an SS power amp with a Sansamp BDDI.
    That'd be just as good as a tube amp, right?......guys?.......................oh, I'm just lying to myself now.

4. [
    Maybe I'll pick up a second hand SVT IIP preamp & hook it up to an SS power amp with a Sansamp BDDI.
    That'd be just as good as a tube amp, right?......guys?.......................oh, I'm just lying to myself now.[/QUOTE]

NO it wont be as 'good' if U mean have the "same" sound. The great tube sound- I'm afraid comes from having tube power amp:bag: --now I know lotsa ppl will chime inhere saying the sound/tone etc comes from the pre. BUT I've been playin bass for 34 yrs & most of those thru tube amps- recently I tried s.s. & hybrid(tube pre/s.s.power) amps & just COULDN"T get the same feeling outta them so now I've gone back 2 all tube!- just MY OPINION!

5. Why not try the Marshall VBA400-all valve-she's a beast! or what I go- the Fender Bassman 300 PRO(basically a SUNN300T) another beast of an amp- both these use 8 or 6 x 6550 tubes as does the svt-cl or 2 pro! I can't praise either of 'em enough.

6. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    congrats! I owned a pair of them, and regardless of if they sound like a vintage whatever or not, they kick ass!

try running the master all the way up and use the preamp volume as the master to get some nice power tube grind.

JR