1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Finally bit the bullet on defretting, now I need some advice on the next step

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by wshines1892, Apr 19, 2010.

1. I have a SX Vintage Series, in Vintage Yellow that I finally defretted after playing with the idea for a while, I also stripped off that hideous orange tint while I was at it. Everything went well, the frets are out, wood filler is in the slots, and she was played for the first time today in jazz band (She absolutely sang for those of you that are interested). What I'm wanting to do next is coat the fretboard in some sort of epoxy so I can use roundwound strings on it, I'm a bit of a Jaco fan. Would this stuff work? http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs..._-D24X-_-100670610&locStoreNum=159&marketID=1 Or should I be looking for something else?

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    That's a glue and is too thick to spread properly. You need something thinner designed for sealing and as a bar top coating. I think there's a sticky somewhere here describing how to do an epoxy coating properly.