1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FINALLY bought a practice amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DigMe, Apr 17, 2003.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Well, I've been needing a practice amp for a while now. It's hard to reach the perfect balance of not too loud and not too quiet with my SM-500 through D-410T when playing in my apartment. Anyway...since I got money back on my tax return I finally bit it (the bullet that is) and took advantage of a great Ebay deal on a Peavey Minx. I was looking into one of those new Ashdown Perfect 10's but I couldn't beat the price and (apparent) condition of this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38076&item=2523199702&rd=1

80 bucks!! I would've preferred the brand new model but if it's in as good condition as it looks then that's a steal and I've seen them go for a lot more. I think this will greatly contribute to my practice time, not only because of volume considerations but also because I often leave my bass rig at the place where we practice. Just thought I'd share.

[​IMG]

brad cook

2. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    cool Brad...thanks for sharing:) gotta love ebay...