1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Finally bought a second bass - NBD

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by klejst, Jan 26, 2012.

1. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    Nebraska
    I finally did it, I bought a second bass! Well actually I bought it yesterday night from a fellow TB'er from the classifieds. After using my '98 Fender Precision for years as my only bass, which worked out good, however I figured it's time to get another bass. I love Fender Precision basses and wanted to stick with them hence getting another one. It is a all stock 2003 MIM Precision Standard. Great shape overall and cannot wait to try it out when USPS hopefully delivers it to me early next week. I'll post back on it when that time comes. Anyways I know you guys don't like these types of posts without a picture, so here ya go.

[​IMG]

(The amp's are not mine)

2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Classic beauty.

3. Avalon

Avalon

Feb 28, 2009
    And so it begins....
    ....the waiting.... ...and the gas.

Hey congratulations brother. NBD is always a good day. I never did get myself a standard precision or jazz. I suppose one of these days I may have to join that club. :bassist:

4. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    Nebraska
    Yeah waiting always sucks, but I'll manage. It will get here eventually, waiting just makes it even more enjoyable when it gets here. Thanks for the comments guys.

5. Bill G.

Bill G.

Dec 2, 2005
    Baton Rouge
    Sweet! Looks just like my first P that I got in the 90's. It was MIM, too.

6. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I'm sitting here now waiting on the big brown truck to show up.... It's got my new Schecter Diamond Custom P 5 on it......

7. experimental bassist

experimental bassist

Mar 15, 2009
    Nice!

8. whoapower

whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Congrats!

And now the wait begins, when will you post Second bass for my second bass NBD! ???

(really, I'm not kidding! talkbass for sale sections are nothing but evil)

9. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    Nebraska
    I take you mean third bass? Perhaps not for a while, but I agree there are basses for sale all over that at any given point could catch my fancy and poof I have yet another bass. But unless it is just an outrageous deal I think I will do fine with two for right now.

10. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    Nebraska
    The only thing that kinda pisses me off is USPS never updates the tracking information. It was shipped nearly four days ago and I understand they may not operate on Sunday's, however the information has yet to change to give me any sort of update or projected date and time of delivery. That is why I actually hate USPS when shipping or getting stuff shipped. It once took them four days to deliver a birthday card to a friend who lives in a city about an hour away from where I live.