Finally bought my bass…

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MaXell, Feb 22, 2004.

1. MaXell

Jan 23, 2004
    Well, after a month and a half of agonizing over that Spector NS4CR I posted about, and every other bass in my 2 local shops (and a couple of not so close shops), I finally made a decision.

I bought a used MIM Fender Jazz. Its black, with white pickguard, just a little buckle rash on the back, but overall in good condition. The action is nice and low and I like the slim neck. It sounds great through my POD XT.

It’s completely different from everything else I’ve been looking at, so when I finally get around to buying something else, I won’t really be duplicating. Who knows, I may decide this is all I need. I think I actually like having something I don’t have to be so careful with, (like I am with my precious Stratocaster). I may be doing some upgrades and mods to it and I’m a little interested in a J-Retro. I need to think quite a bit about the J-Retro at $299 as it will cost more than I paid for the Jazz.

The funniest thing about buying this Jazz, is that I have always hated the looks of both the Fender P’s and Jazz’s, and I said at the beginning of this, that I would never buy a Jazz. I guess over the past month, the look has finally started to appeal to me. Thanks to all that offered me advice.

2. Dem jazzes 'll getya sooner or later - Congrats on seeing the light!
  3. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    While I'm a diehard P guy, I do have a J kicking around too.
    I really think everyone should have one. Imo they are the most versatile Basses ever built.

Jeff- congrats on your J.