Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally bought my first real bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GrandMarkie, Feb 9, 2004.

1. GrandMarkie

GrandMarkie

Feb 7, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    Modulus Quantum 5
    Brand new

I'm like a little kid again. I just purchased this today from gguitars.com. It already shipped, and should arrive tomorrow or the next day! Great service and very helpful people. We'll see how it arrives.

Pictures and specs

This was a big investment, hopefully i'll love it. I'm very excited at the moment :D

2. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Awesome bass! You'll sleep about as well as a little kid on Christmas eve... :hyper:

3. Is this a canadian store? The prices seem to be canadian (for the lakland skyline anyway). I have been looking for a good online store in canada who carries high quality instruments. Oh, and congrats on the killer bass :)

4. GrandMarkie

GrandMarkie

Feb 7, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    I'm already daydreaming about it. I know I won't be getting any sleep tonight.

It's in New Haven, Connecticut. This was the best deal I found for this bass brand new. If you're considering their basses, don't even look at the list price. Call em up... and I bargained with em and got a sweet deal.

5. Yeah, the problem is shipping from the states kills me. It is just hard to find basses of that calibre here in edmonton!

6. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Are there any online Canadian stores?

Congrats on the bass. That is one incredible looking bass.

7. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Wow, that's a killer colour and quilt. Looks like a wonderful bass.

Congrats,
    Travis

8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

That bass looks like a rockin' good time! Congratulations!

9. Kurisu

Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    Looks like the bass Stefan Lessard used on Listener Supported.

I'm probably wrong though.

10. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    there's these guys - http://www.clubbass.ca/

I've not dealt with them. They carry Dingwall, Ken Lawrence,
    Lakland Skyline, and umm...Rob Allen :D

11. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

WOW, that's a gorgeous bass! :) :) :)

Coincidentally, I got my Quantum 5 from Gguitars. Also coincidentally, the color of mine is "greenstone": not a burst; same color as the inside of your bass. For the record, I think yours is even prettier than mine!

Anyway, Gguitars gave me a great price on the Q5, and great value on the bass I traded in. I'd buy from them again.

12. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    You made a good choice- that is a great bass, and you are going to love it. Treat it with respect and it will last you forever. I've had my Q5 for many years, and it plays as well as it ever did and the finish has held up incredibly well. A Modulus will definitely make you play better- the clarity and reproduction are insane and force you to be more precise. The low B is the best of any bass out there, and nothing IME cuts through a band mix like one of these. Congrats!

13. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Very nice bass, congrats.

14. You would be surprised. Although I have never seen modulus here in Edmonton, I have see Warwick, Musicman, Fbass, and Pedulla quite regularly. I suggest you check out Mothers or Avenue for some high end basses!

15. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Thanks!