1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Finally buying my 1st brand new bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 5stringsofdeath, Mar 12, 2013.

1. After playing bass for 3 years, and in the last year with 2 bands simultaneously, I'm dropping the cash on my first brand new bass! Currently I'm using an Esp Ltd F-104 and B-105....both purchased used. Time to trade in the B-105 towards either a F-5E or an F-415. I'm leaning towards the 415 simply due to the EMG pickups and the way it looks with the quilted top, but other 5E seems like it'd be a pretty solid investment as well. Any one here have experience with either of these models? And yes, for one reason or another I just love the feel of an LTD.

2. Raymeous

Raymeous

Jul 2, 2010
    San Diego
    Well if you love the way the LTD's feel and play then I say go for it and 'grats on the new toy!

Seriously, if you've found something you love don't let internet gear snobbery get in your way. Just get what YOU want and ignore the rest of us. :bassist:

3. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    I just bought a B-206SM not too long ago and it is amazing. The finest neck I ever played on a lower priced bass. And the spalted maple look just kills. Except for the weight there is nothing I can find to criticize on that bass!. So how can you go wrong even moving up from there?

One thing though. If you get a 35" scale, longer strings may be required and you won't be able to find them at just any corner music store (even if it's GC). My Modulus is 35" and I always have to special order or go on line to order in a few extra long string sets to keep on hand to be sure I have some.

4. mournblade

mournblade Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Roanoke, TX
    I think the ESP LTD's are an amazing value. Congrats on getting your first brand new bass, it is a great feeling.

5. I've always used black beauties for strings and never had an issue on 35" necks, but thanks for the heads up....that's not something I would have considered!

6. Ordered the F-415 today. Looking forward to its arrival!