Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally! Construction pics!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by niomosy, Jan 8, 2005.

1. niomosy

niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    I managed to get a pic of my Fodera in progress. A couple things I noticed were that the original invoice stated gold hardware and macassar ebony pickup covers. I'm wondering if this is someone elses or if it's actually mine and they just made some changes. The maple covers and black hardware probably look better with this particular spalted top so I'm not really complaining in the end. I'll find out soon enough, I hope! ;)

[​IMG]

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    i'd go gold... still looks nice, though

3. niomosy

niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    It might be too gold given the top but I'm
    considering it.

Edit: spelling corrections. Original post written on a pda...

4. they tricked you :ninja: :bag:

5. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    That's so purdy.

6. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    stick with black hardware IMO

7. 00soul

00soul

Jan 4, 2005
    seal beach, ca
    its possible they are just test fitting whatever hardware they had laying around at the time. if you paid for gold you should get it right?

8. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Looks really really cool man. I wish I were expecting a new Fodera. New pics like that are exciting. :)

BTW: I would probably label that bass pretty much done and not "in construction." ;) When are you taking delivery?

9. Nice Bass!

I think it looks nice as it is but I have always liked gold hardware. Black matched the Ebony dots.
    I also would like the to get a Imperial 5 but with Olive top like Bona's bass :bassist:

Christian

10. Two Comments on your Fodera-in-progress...

[1] Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [2] See [1] :hyper:

My personal preferences would be to go with the gold hardware for your colour scheme; but I guess anything would look good on a bass of this calibre!

Kind regards,
    Beebebop,
    Beijing.
    :bassist:

11. that's beuatifull:)
    I'd really like to have a FOdera like yours, but I'm afrad it'll be a bit too expensive for me:)
    Maybe.....some day

12. niomosy

niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    At this point, your guess is as good as mine. I haven't heard anything about delivery dates since the 2nd week of December or so. I certainly won't mind if it shows up this week, though.

13. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Well I am pretty sure they do all shipping on Friday's. Maybe not but perhaps it will at least go out? It looks done to me anyway...

14. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Outstanding bass!!!

15. niomosy

niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    I suppose I'll give a call on Monday and see what's going on. They'd just better make sure to put the other knob on the double first ;)

16. michele

michele Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    Black hardware is the perfect marriage IMO!

17. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Alright... here a quotation of my noises I produced when seeing the pic.

'oooooooooh................................................................................................................................................. Oh my Lord.... how beautifull'.

Please choose black... it's just too beautifull to express. :cool:

18. that looks mighty fine man :thumb:

19. Funky Chameleon

Funky Chameleon

Jan 10, 2005
    I'm....really confused....where is this pic?

20. niomosy

niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    It should be in the first post of the thread. If you can't see it, just go here