Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally decided on Basslines in my Thumb.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Deano Destructo, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I guess the only question is what type whould be best? Are there any models of J's that won't fit a 5-string and do the passive ones also work with an active preamp? Also does anyone know of a preamp company that makes a similar preamp to the one found in the thumb neckthru's (ie. passive switch, 18volt, etc.)?:confused:

2. jwymore

jwymore

Jul 26, 2001
    Portland, OR
    The passives will work with your preamp just fine and I believe all the Duncan 5's will fit your bass.

3. I got same bass, What problem you having with the preamp. Mine seems to be VERY noisy. I have had sound man at couple different shows complain, not to mention the Recording eng. Warwick told me that a little is normal. My other preamp basses(Fender ,peavey) are much better.