1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

finally decided to sell: Brice HXB406 Fretless, Natural Spalt

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by eastcoasteddie, Sep 21, 2008.

1. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    After thinking long and hard, finally decided to sell it.

As the title says, Brice HXB 406 in Natural Spalt finish. I installed a Bartolini 4.6 A/P 3-band preamp (stacked bass/treb & mid cut/boost; mid frequencey pull tap 200Hz/800Hz; active/passive pull tap in the volume knob; ), wired for 18v; and totally shielded the control cavity.
    http://www.theperfectbass.com/explo...100599101&W=STORE&P=N&S=1001081&U=1&SS=1&CR=Y

I also installed springs around the pickup adjusting screws so that when you want to raise the pups...they actually go up!!!
    I set it up with super low action w/o buzzing, it plays like butter and it sounds amazing thanks to the preamp.

It's a $300 bass new, the Preamp costs $175. I've had it for about 6 months (give or take).

pics:

DSC_3237.

DSC_3217.

DSC_3238.

DSC_3219.

It has a couple of dings in it, very superficial and hardly noticable

DSC_3222.

DSC_3230.

preamp & control cavity

IMG_4725.

IMG_4771.

IMG_4774.

I'll let it go for (price reduced) $350 shipped. It is a monster bass no doubt. The preamp woke it up tremendously. The preamp is very quiet and sounds great with all the Bass & treble at center detent and the mids up my 1/2. The Neck picup gives a smooth Jazz sound, the Bridge pickup gives a thunderous growl, and both pups together make it sound BIG and round. It's a pretty versatile bass.
    I realized that I'm just not a 6-string kind of player. More of a 5-string Jazz type...which will be my purchase once this one goes.

2. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    forgot to mention

it's strung with Carvin Stainless Rounds (made by LaBella) and will come with another new pack of the same.

3. Eddie, the bass looks great...still! I still have mine too, I think I am going to keep it and eventually put a new preamp in it as I still have not. I just know for the money, there are not better sixers out there.

Bump for a great guy!

4. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    thanks!

tell me about it, and the fact that you get $100 off the cost of the preamp alone...and free shipping. Can't beat it with a 10 foot stick!

5. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    I have rethought this one...and I decided to drop the price. I've been tryin to get back what I put into it, but that'll never happen. With the cost of the bass and preamp, I have $475 into it plus my time & labor setting it up smooth and installing the pre.

I'm willing to sell for $350 shipped.

Not sure about this bass, do a search and see all the positive comments from owners.

6. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    Bump-o-reno
    I can provide lousy sound clips upon request...(lousy because of my recording equipment, not the bass). Recording equip consists of a PC mic and MS Sound Recorder (.wav files, eek!)...

7. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    Bump-o-Ramma!

8. You've been pm'd.

9. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    This bass has been sold on Craig's List. Sorry for not posting that sooner.