Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally Decided

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CrapBass, Jun 6, 2004.

1. CrapBass

CrapBass

Mar 11, 2004
    Mckinney TX
    Today I went to GC to see what amps they had because I am still looking at a head/cab. I played on a Peavy head through a Peavy 1x15 cab. Didn't like the sound at all. I played an Ampeg 4x10 with a B2R head, the sound was just kind of wierd. It sounded like it had a wah pedal stuck on it even if I messed with the bass and treble. So then I spotted a GK Backline 350 head with a Backline 4x10 cab. I tried it out and boy do I love that GK sound. I could get an awesome slap tone and an awesome pick tone. It had very clear thumping lows and crisp highs. I liked it so much I just sat there and played it for an hour. I know alot of people say that backline is crap, but I have read an ass load of reviews on both and only found one that wasn't very good. GC had both the head and cab together on one price tag for $700. I thought this was a real good and I want to save up and buy it. Do any of you have experience with either of these heads or cabs? Any opinions on them are real appreciated.

Thanks Alot Guys,
    :cool:

2. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    i have a backline 1x12 i use as a practice amp. of course backline isn't the greatest quality but i thought it sounded great for my room.

3. CrapBass

CrapBass

Mar 11, 2004
    Mckinney TX
    No other opinions at all? :confused: