Finally Decided

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CrapBass, Jun 6, 2004.

1. CrapBass

CrapBass

Mar 11, 2004
    Mckinney TX
    Today I went to GC to see what amps they had because I am still looking at a head/cab. I played on a Peavy head through a Peavy 1x15 cab. Didn't like the sound at all. I played an Ampeg 4x10 with a B2R head, the sound was just kind of wierd. It sounded like it had a wah pedal stuck on it even if I messed with the bass and treble. So then I spotted a GK Backline 350 head with a Backline 4x10 cab. I tried it out and boy do I love that GK sound. I could get an awesome slap tone and an awesome pick tone. It had very clear thumping lows and crisp highs. I liked it so much I just sat there and played it for an hour. I know alot of people say that backline is crap, but I have read an ass load of reviews on both and only found one that wasn't very good. GC had both the head and cab together on one price tag for $700. I thought this was a real good and I want to save up and buy it. Do any of you have experience with either of these heads or cabs? Any opinions on them are real appreciated.

Thanks Alot Guys,
    :cool:

2. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    i have a backline 1x12 i use as a practice amp. of course backline isn't the greatest quality but i thought it sounded great for my room.

3. CrapBass

CrapBass

Mar 11, 2004
    Mckinney TX
    No other opinions at all? :confused: