Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally! Diana Krall "Christmas Songs" CD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Boplicity, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Just received Diana Krall's newest CD "Christmas Songs." At last! I have been saying for several years she should do such a CD and she has delivered.

This is a 12-song selection in which Krall sings secular, not religious, holiday standards. She is accompanied by the Clayton/Hamilton Jazz Orchestra, Robert Hurst on acoustic upright bass. I must confess I didn't know that orchestra, but I like them. They have a big band sound but they handle both Krall's uptempo songs and her romantic ballads with equal aplomb. I love Hurst's bass lines. At least you can hear him.

This is definitely going to be my favorite new holiday CD this year. If you are wondering what the heck I am listening to holiday music now, it is because Wilma knocked me for a heck of a loop. I still don't have cable. Halloween was a bust. I NEED some holiday cheer. Diana Krall has brought it. She just gets better and better all the time.

Hey, Diana Krall fans, check this CD out. Oh, the cover is festive, too. Krall wears a lovely emerald green gown on the fornt of the jacket and an equally gorgeous wine red gown on the back of the CD cover...like you guys care. :p