1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Finally found a Warwick I could love...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, Jun 18, 2002.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I was wasting an hour up at Sam Ash last night before picking up the wife at work.

They have a used Warwick FNA four, which has a single MM pickup. Very nice! The neck felt much less clubby than other Warwicks I've handled, and had better balance, too. Nice bass!

Here's a similar one at Gard's:

[​IMG]

I was given free reign when my wife and mother-in-law bought me the Sterling last year, and looked at Warwicks then. (My wife really likes the look of Warwicks.) Man, if I had seen an FNA then, I may not have ended up with my Sterling! It would have been a hard decision.

It's marked in the $600 range. Is that typical for a used FNA? It doesn't have a particularly fancy top, but is still quite attractive. It does have some finish wear, however. If this is the going rate for used ones, I may need to start putting pennies away for a future purchase.

2. extreme

extreme

Mar 20, 2000
    $600 is a pretty good price on an FNA...I think the retail is $1799.

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I sold my FNA 4, which was identical to the one in the picture above, last summer, for $925. So, I would say that $600 is a pretty good price for one.