Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally found a Warwick I could love...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, Jun 18, 2002.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I was wasting an hour up at Sam Ash last night before picking up the wife at work.

They have a used Warwick FNA four, which has a single MM pickup. Very nice! The neck felt much less clubby than other Warwicks I've handled, and had better balance, too. Nice bass!

Here's a similar one at Gard's:

[​IMG]

I was given free reign when my wife and mother-in-law bought me the Sterling last year, and looked at Warwicks then. (My wife really likes the look of Warwicks.) Man, if I had seen an FNA then, I may not have ended up with my Sterling! It would have been a hard decision.

It's marked in the $600 range. Is that typical for a used FNA? It doesn't have a particularly fancy top, but is still quite attractive. It does have some finish wear, however. If this is the going rate for used ones, I may need to start putting pennies away for a future purchase.

2. extreme

extreme

Mar 20, 2000
    $600 is a pretty good price on an FNA...I think the retail is $1799.

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I sold my FNA 4, which was identical to the one in the picture above, last summer, for $925. So, I would say that $600 is a pretty good price for one.