Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally found "my" sound ...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KyddBass, Mar 19, 2003.

1. KyddBass

KyddBass

Jan 9, 2003
    Just thought I'd let y'all know that I finally found the sound I've been looking for, for a long time,(small to medium venues) ....

The Big Kydd 5 string into a Fishman Platinum Pro-Eq into the amazing Acoustic Image Coda (extra cab optional).

Weight ratio/sound/playability/"pro-sound"/ .... works for me .... love it.

food for thought.

:D

2. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    Congratulations, it is great when you can stop buying gear and really focus on your music.

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    amen to that!

but i'm still trying to NOT focus on my gear so much, and still improve. but dammit, doesnt help that work is a few blocks away from Rudy's Music... :(

4. marc40a

marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    >>Congratulations, it is great when you can stop buying gear and really focus on your music<<

Word up.

5. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    So, did you sign up just to tell us that? :D

6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I blame Rudy's for my Bergantino addiction. :mad: :D

7. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    KYDD eh? I almost bought one of those when I was considering an EUB. I ended up picking up a Steinberger NSDB 4 string, but to be honest, I could have gone either way. The Kydd is a great bass! I just liked how the fingering on the Steinberger is the same as a Double Bass.