1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FINALLY found (re-discovered) MY strings!!! (Ken Smith Rock Masters)

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by blastjv, Oct 30, 2010.

1. blastjv

blastjv

Jan 8, 2010
    Philly Area
    I was just browsing online and stumbled across a great deal on Ken Smith Rock Masters at stringsandbeyond ($18 a set, free shipping). I had a set of these years ago on a Yamaha 5 and remembered that I had always loved them (I had tried them at that time because they were the cheapest stainless 5 string set Musician's Friend had back then).

I am totally in love!!! I had a set of Blue Steels and DR DDT's I was ready to try on my bass, but I'll be putting those in the classifieds without ever even trying them...I'm THAT happy!!!

Clear, growly, bright, zingy but sweet, and plenty of big round THUMP!!! I'm playing in Drop C and using the 45-105 set. The little bit of extra stiffness helps with the low C. Nice and tight sounding, and my action can get significantly lower than with the nickels I've tried.

I'll be stocking up on these!!!

Also, stringsandbeyond has great prices, and shipped FAST!!!

-JV

2. How did you get free shipping, buy 2 sets to reach their $35 requirement? I too, am looking to switch to Ken Smith strings. I thought I'd give them a try seeing that they have custom balanced sets with tapered strings.

Oh yeah, I saw they have a 5% discount if you're in or into praise and worship. :)

3. blastjv

blastjv

Jan 8, 2010
    Philly Area
    Yeah, I got 2 sets, plus some picks and a set of guitar strings...

4. Cool Thanks! I've never ordered from there, but I'll check them out. I usually stick to juststrings because they have a larger inventory and singles. I like the idea of having options.