Finally found something roundwounds were good for!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Chicken Wing, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Mar 26, 2017
    California
    Successfully used an A string to unclog my wife’s bathroom sink. Please don’t tell La Bella. No strings were harmed in this process. :cool:
    5F400E23-AD31-463B-A850-7EFABEFC71C5.jpeg E337175E-5788-4EEB-AFB4-C59A7B4023B9.jpeg

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    My wife AND two daughters use the master bath shower. (Apparently the girls' bathroom isn't good enough or big enough.... or something.) It would take a lot more than that to unclog our drain. :D

3. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    An 'E' string would do it, surely?
    One of the Jamerson Deep Talkin' ones?

Failing that, I can only suggest dynamite.

rational baze, sethlow3, JRA and 5 others like this.
  4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    About once a month I take off the drain cover, put on gloves that go almost to my elbows, jam this metal plumbing spiky thingy down in there and turn it, and crank out a hairball that has its own zip code. It's pretty disgusting.

5. Bent77

Bent77

Mar 6, 2013
    Colorado
    If you figure out why this happens, or how to stop it, please help me

6. db59

db59 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2015
    And on the flip side this is what flats are good for,

...........yep

7. Beej

Beej

Feb 10, 2007
    Vancouver Island
    Too much hair and too much brushing. The solution is a shaved head. Dead simple and looks great on most everyone. :woot:

8. Bent77

Bent77

Mar 6, 2013
    Colorado
    But why are they in my bathroom?! :laugh:

Chicken Wing and Beej like this.
  9. Beej

Beej

Feb 10, 2007
    Vancouver Island
    Ew. :vomit: Previous house owner?

Chicken Wing and Killing Floor like this.
  10. Bent77

Bent77

Mar 6, 2013
    Colorado
    Well that is gross

I was just curious why my girls are in my bathroom. The other day the teenager was in there
    But that string trick is gonna get tried for sure

Shouldn't you be planning a build? :bassist:

Chicken Wing likes this.
  11. LBS-bass

LBS-bass

Nov 22, 2017
    The easy solution is one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Bathtub-Catcher-Strainer-Protector-Shower/dp/B07H1XY1C1

My husband is bald, all the hair that ends up in our drain comes from me or our dogs, so I feel a bit responsible on this score. It doesn't completely eliminate this issue, but turns it into a once every year or so sort of problem.

Edit: The description is funny, obviously written by someone for whom English is not the first language :)

12. Black Out Jazz

Black Out Jazz Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2021
    location is overrated
    vegetable offal... :D

LBS-bass likes this.
  13. ahbradot

ahbradot

Dec 14, 2019
    Florida
    My girlfriend only played with a G string.

14. rocu

rocu

Jan 28, 2015
    Missoula, MT
    I’ve done this. An E string is faster.

Cut off pieces of strings are good for cleaning all sorts of holes and tubes. The gas ports on my Remington Versa max are just the right size for a guitar E string.

ColdEye, macmanlou and Chicken Wing like this.
  15. High or low?

Chicken Wing likes this.
  16. CryingBass

CryingBass Ours' is the only Reality of Consequence Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    I hear some guys use rounds to cut down nut slots. Kinda makes sense to me.

Chicken Wing likes this.
  17. joelns

joelns

Mar 10, 2014
    I think whatever is living in your drain, also lives in mine.

two fingers and Chicken Wing like this.
  18. Grizelda100

Grizelda100

May 16, 2020
    San Diego
    My wife and I both have super long hair.
    We destroy vacuum cleaners on the regular, let alone drains. Keep a bottle or six of drain cleaner on hand.

Back in my toking days, I used to use the unclipped ends of my strings as a pipe cleaner to ream out my one hitter during shows. My bass had these long, resinous dangling string ends hanging off the end. :vomit:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  19. I sell my old B's and E's to a motorcycle store to use for brake and clutch cables . . . they keep asking me for flatwounds . . . . .

20. You have no idea how much I appreciated just having sons!! I do have one granddaughter but that’s my sons blessing when the grouchy season hits. I can just go home and wait for the storm to pass.

two fingers likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 28, 2022