finally found the jazz for me

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by clanner, Sep 17, 2006.

1. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    it's the Squire vintage model. amazing neck. only thing i would do to it is refin it (cantell it was spliced)

anyone know around how much the refin. would cost? i'm going to ask a local guy tomorrow, but was wondering for a ballpark (this guy does amazing work, I watched him fix a les paul that was totally thrashed and refined it aswell)

color ideas, black, hot pink, Clear blue, Black burst, blue burst, gold, black plaid,. all will have a black PG. possibility of a badass II bridge.

if anyone is considering buying one of these basses do. they freakin rock (great pot, pups, and a freaking amazing neck)

2. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Did you say 'black plaid'? I am intrigued. Explain.

3. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    black as the base and then grey and white stripes in the plaid format. if mark hoppus can have red green and yellow, i can have black grey and white. right?
    black_white_plaid1.jpg

hh-BlackPlaid-big.jpg

4. Pennydreadful

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Absolutely right. I was just making sure that's actually what you meant- I think it's a badass idea. I say go for that.

5. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    i'm thinking the black plaid for sure right now. and if i order an l-1500 (no cash for it right now) I'll definately refin in blackburst if I don't hear anything about new colors from G&L.

6. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    i think the black plaid would look nice with a white pickguard, IMO

keep us updated

7. PWRL

PWRL

Sep 15, 2006
    I'm into the plaid. That's very unique.

8. Pennydreadful

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    I think so, too. I think the white guard would contrast more.

9. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    i need the money o buy the jazz first. but i will.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021