1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Finally found'em! NYLON FILAMENT WOUND!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by demolition, May 2, 2006.

1. demolition

demolition Guest

Jul 5, 2003
    Conn.
    I was lurking in a local music store Mom and Pop owned and came across some strings I have been looking for,I saw them on-line but never in person,I bought me a set and they are freakin awesome!:bassist:
    I sometimes use the usual nylon coated but they are sometimes to rubbery unless used in a string through bridge but I'm not into them on my new p-bass(only bass I own w/string through) but these go great on my Japanese Squier/Memphis hybred P-Bass(say it 3 times fast!),real smooth and silky but with a bit more bite than a regular coated nylon,kinda like the middle ground that a compression wound reaches between a round and a flatwound,not totally a flat but not like a roundwound, JUST'A RIGHT:D !!
    GIVE'EM A SHOT!

2. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    So, um, who makes these fantabulous nylon filament wound strings anyway? Would make it much easier to try that way, eh?

3. Fender makes a set.

4. demolition

demolition Guest

Jul 5, 2003
    Conn.
    :confused: Sorry,the strings are/where.is.be Fender made,I believe that only Fender makes the filament wound version,unless there are other brands avalible I have'nt come across before,but while searching they were the only brand that came up.;)