Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally gigged with new rig...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Steven Green, Apr 7, 2002.

1. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Well, I finally got to gig with the new Aguilar db680/Crest V1500/Eden rig last night. While my tone was nice, we all had to turn down so much I couldn't believe it! My amp at practice is normally on like -6, last night it was at -12! It was kinda annoying to say the least. Oh well, what are you gonna do? I did get some very nice comments after we finished up; one of them being "that is the clearest bass tone I've ever heard at a concert". Very cool!:cool:

2. LifeSpitter

LifeSpitter Guest

Apr 6, 2002
    Bass Heaven
    I wish i got compliments on my tone........

HaHa..no worries though. Im in ths process of saving money to get a new rig and i cant wait till i gig with it. My setup rightnow sucks...

Anyway, good luck with your equip. in the future.

Peace

3. i just got my new rig too, nothing compared to yours but i like it and it didnt cost much, i have a ampeg 4x8 cab and a hartke ha2000 head, i havent giged with it yet but i am sorta scared cause i dont want it to distort at higher volumes it id driving me crazy