Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally gonna crack down and buy a tuner...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mike, Jan 1, 2003.

1. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    I'm looking for a rack tuner, maybe a Korg DT 1000 or that Sabine of comparable price. Help me out. Any suggestions for a reasonably priced but high quality tuner?

Thx.

2. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Boss TU-2 pedal is fairly good and very robust, I know its not rack mount, but I is just as good.

-KB

3. I'll second that.

4. chris4001asat

chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Warehouse Manager : Reverend Guitars
    The Boss is the only non rack mount I'd consider. I just bought the Korg at a after Christmas blowout sale. Got it for $120. It is nice. I heard stay away from Sabine. Don't know why, just what I've heard.

5. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    Yeah, maybe I'll think about that. Does it interfere with your tone at all? I don't want any uninvited EQ settings.

6. chris4001asat

chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Warehouse Manager : Reverend Guitars
    It doesn't effect my tone any. But my amp does have a send strictly for the tuner so it's not in the loop at all

7. IMO, the TU-2 has one of the best bypasses in any pedal. You have two output, one that mutes output when the tuner is one, and one that is constant signal. Both are very quiet and don't add anything, even when the pedal is one but you're using the bypass output.

8. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    Sabine! gooooood stuff. I love my R7100, so accurate as a.....um......thing thats accurate:rolleyes: