1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FINALLY gonna get to the Sadowsky shop this week

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thewanderer24, Mar 27, 2006.

1. thewanderer24

thewanderer24

Apr 29, 2002
    SJ, CA
    I have had my P/J for over a year now, and still have never made it to Brooklyn to see the shop and all the guys.

I'm very excited to finally get over there.

:hyper: :bassist:

Can't wait to to try out some of their other models (my Sadowsky is the only one I've ever played), and the new Tube amp, and can't wait to see the shop. Those guys have been so great on the phone, it will be nice to meet em face to face.

Sorry, no point to this thread, I just was feeling good.

2. kjones

kjones

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    Be sure to update this thread with your impressions. Let us live vicariously through you.

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

Every time I go to NYC I consider visiting the Sadowsky shop, but I deliberately avoid it... my wallet is too scared!

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Very Cool, I was just their this past Friday gettting Single Coils in my Greenburst 5 string. It is one of my favorite places in the NYC area.:bassist:

5. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Major,
    how do you like the sound of the single coils compared to it's previous pickups?

I'm guessing it had stacked coils?

Thanks,
    - Art

6. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    How's the limit on your credit card?

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    You can't touch anything, until you pay "tribute" to the dog. That's who truly runs the place. Roger's just a front man.

8. thewanderer24

thewanderer24

Apr 29, 2002
    SJ, CA

No worries there. I tend to get along better with Dogs and Cats than humans, anyway.

As for the credit card, I am SCARED!!!! I am afraid I'm gonna walk out with something (another bass anyone??) that I wasn't planning on!!! I am so in love with my Sadowsky that I haven't really even been able to think of another bass I'd want -- and I've tried. I haven't even wanted to play another bass since I got it more than a year ago. But the remedy to that might be playing a bunch of other Sadowsky's...

:eek: :eek: :eek:

9. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Have fun. There are always a few pieces to try out and the new amp kills!!

Rob

10. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Their very full sounding and punchy, I like them alot. :bassist:

11. thewanderer24

thewanderer24

Apr 29, 2002
    SJ, CA
    just a little bump here...

I did get to the shop last week. I really had no interest in a new bass when I went in. I played a bunch of stuff they had in stock.

Now, I REALLY want that used fretless that's in stock. I don't have a fretless, and I just loved the way that thing felt and sounded. It's gorgeous, too.

So, now, I'm trying to figure out how to rearrange my finances so I can afford the thing. Will one of you kind souls PLEEEEEAAAASE buy it quickly, so I can stay out of debt!!!!!

Sidenote: I played everything through the new Sadowsky Amp and cabs. The amp wasn't really my cup of tea until I picked up that fretless and then it shined in a big way. Probably, that was a statement more about the other basses I played than about the amp, as I was trying a bunch of instruments that are different from what I typically play.

Overall, great experience, but again, someone please buy that fretless before I convince myself to pull the trigger.

12. one of the main reasons ive havent been there........ YET. hahaha

i'm hoping to get down there sometime this summer. and then hopefully sometime early next year to maybe leave with something

13. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    +1

i suggested a friend take her promo pics down near the shop's cobble streets, and they look great! :D

14. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    If the fretless was a 5, I'd help you out.