1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Finally got a cab worth mentioning

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xbrandonx, Apr 22, 2009.

1. xbrandonx

xbrandonx

Sep 27, 2008
    x502x
    I'm sure it'll be easy to tell which it is.

S7301500.

Found it on ebay, and he agreed to meet me about 1/3 to 1/4 of the way, he drove about an hour, I drove a little under 3. Paid $320 for it, plus my gas to get it which in my car wasn't but 3/4 of a tank :) However it did not fit in my backseat and had to ride up front with me on the way back haha. I think if I remove the lower seat cushion it'll go in.

S7301501.

S7301502.

S7301503.

Sadly it's a little older and doesn't have the speak-on connectors, neither does my current head but that will be the next thing to get upgraded. Then I'm going to search for a 2x12 to sit under it. That's if I can get this thing in my backseat, otherwise it'll have to wait till I get my next vehicle, which will be a hatchback, truck, or SUV.

i'm in no huge hurry for the fullstack though, I was in no hurry to get this cab, I've been looking to upgrade for about 7 or 8 months now, just wanted to find a good deal before I pulled the trigger.

2. JPhoenix19

JPhoenix19

Mar 5, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Score! Nice buy!

3. I know this is not the subject, but is that a Hartke 3500 Transient Attack.
    P.S. Great deal on the cab!!!

4. xbrandonx

xbrandonx

Sep 27, 2008
    x502x
    yeah, right now powering it is a HA3500. Not a terrible amp, it will make a decent backup for me whenever I do get around to the upgrade. I paid $127 off ebay for it, and drove about 50 miles to pick it up. Another great deal :)

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    That powerhouse will pack a hefty punch. Congrats.

6. xbrandonx

xbrandonx

Sep 27, 2008
    x502x
    Yes, I can't wait to start gigging with it, and now I finally have a rig with wheels on it :hyper:

7. xjeremiahx

xjeremiahx

Apr 19, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    No longer a slave to GC.
    wow. great find. :)

8. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Grats!

Hartke XLs are nice cabs. IMO they really work well with a paper speaker loaded cab that can handle the lows better, but together the result is nice.

9. I agree, man that thing must kick ass.

Bet it blows the Mesa right out the water! You should get some side-by-side comparisons up :bassist:

;)

10. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place

:D

I do actually like the XL cabs. Very twangy without being annoying. I imagine it would sound good with the Mesa, which I guess is a decent cab in its own right :D. I use one every now and then with an Ampeg Isovent and brightens things up nicely. Not as fond of the metal 15s, I've blown too many of them.

11. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    The TA 3500 is not the same as the HA3500. They have different internal architecture (MOSFET driven). They're way better than a HA3500. and much better than 'not terrible'.

12. xbrandonx

xbrandonx

Sep 27, 2008
    x502x
    Hmmm, after you said that it actually only reads "model 3500" on the faceplate but it also reads "hartke systems, Transit Attack" on the faceplate.

How do you tell the difference?