1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

finally got a fretless.. KSD jazz 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fiebru1119, Jun 29, 2004.

1. fiebru1119

fiebru1119

Mar 2, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Let me first say that in my search for a fretless I tried quite a bit of basses including the MTD kingston and heirs, MIM and MIA fenders, a defretted TRB5, Deans, Schecters, a Corvette standard and even a Pedulla pentabuzz (this thing totally had me drooling! lol).. and I must say I'm very impressed by the quality and sound of this bass.

The neck/playability is awesome, the fretboard is nice and wide (something I liked alot about the MTDs) and string spacing is almost like that of the TRB.. The B string is very solid and clear perhaps due to the 35" scale.. its got a nice growl w/the bridge pickup soloed and also love the vintage sound in passive mode (its push/pull active/passive). Overall this is a huge value for the money and for anyone looking for a sub-$1k fretless 5 seriously consider this. Ok enough rambling, heres some quick pics. I'll see if i can get over to a friends house and get some recordings.

copy and paste the link with ".orig.jpg" to view full size
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]