Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

finally got a fretless.. KSD jazz 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fiebru1119, Jun 29, 2004.

1. fiebru1119

fiebru1119

Mar 2, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Let me first say that in my search for a fretless I tried quite a bit of basses including the MTD kingston and heirs, MIM and MIA fenders, a defretted TRB5, Deans, Schecters, a Corvette standard and even a Pedulla pentabuzz (this thing totally had me drooling! lol).. and I must say I'm very impressed by the quality and sound of this bass.

The neck/playability is awesome, the fretboard is nice and wide (something I liked alot about the MTDs) and string spacing is almost like that of the TRB.. The B string is very solid and clear perhaps due to the 35" scale.. its got a nice growl w/the bridge pickup soloed and also love the vintage sound in passive mode (its push/pull active/passive). Overall this is a huge value for the money and for anyone looking for a sub-$1k fretless 5 seriously consider this. Ok enough rambling, heres some quick pics. I'll see if i can get over to a friends house and get some recordings.

copy and paste the link with ".orig.jpg" to view full size
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]