1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FInally got home from my final gig

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by freeslicefattyj, May 3, 2006.

1. Well, just played the last gig with my band, The Twitch Kids. Tomorrow will be the first day since I was 14 that I will not be in a band. All of the members were high school buddies, we're all halfway through college now. It was the end of an era, I got a little choked up packing everything up. It's interesting to see how everyone will be moving their own separate ways, including myself. Hopefully I'll be able to find people to play with in the future, and if not I'll have plenty of time to practice up. Just figured I'd share this.

2. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    No gig last forever.
    Sorry to hear this though. In the end its the times you get to share good music with good friends that make the difference. But if the music is more important than the friendships, you'll be in another band.

3. Hey, I've seen you guys play before in Whitewater, you actually played on a show with our band (Total Posers). Sorry to hear you're not going to be playing with 'em anymore. I remember your band sounding pretty good.

4. Wow it's awesome to find another Wisconsin tb'er that's a somewhat acquaintance. It was the time of my life in the band, but I'll be back in the music scene in the fall when I move to Chicago to pursuit an education in music production. Thanks a lot for the compliment, I remember that show, it was a good time. Whitewater is always a fun place.

5. keep on pluckin' man, never give up, stay in school, don't use drugs and look both ways before crossing the street. Good luck, you'll find some dudes to play with. Look at as an opportunity to go in a different of fresh direction that you have been thinking about.

6. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA

What school are you going to?

I'm at Roosevelt/CCPA.

7. Thunder Lizard

Thunder Lizard

Dec 7, 2005
    Lethbridge, AB
    Canadian Distributor, Basson Sound Equipment
    I hear your pain, brotha. Just a few months ago we finally dissolved what was a nineteen year ride of insanity and great times. The friendships live on.........but it's taken until now to refill the fuel tanks and get the fire back in my eyes.
    I'm ready to get back to it again.....now,.........where's that guitarist's phone number? wonder if he'll play with the teenybopper singer girl 'cause she's really good?

8. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    +1

good luck man.

9. From an oldie....
    You never know what's around the corner. I'm sure you and your bass will perform again. Never say never....
    And there's always life outside of music too!
    Just grasp it all!
    Good luck in your endeavours.
    Barb (Sheesh! I feel old!)

10. QORC

QORC SUSPENDED

Aug 22, 2003
    Elberon, New Jersey
    it's amazing how being in a different band can obliterate the memory of the old one...especially if it's a better band! It's just like dating...you never forget your first...but a good woman can turn an old memory into a dim one

11. i know this thank you is long overdue(computer has been acing up and I have to sneak on to my housemate's computer when he's at class). Thanks for the replies, I'm real excited to start playing again with new people, whenever that happens. I'm sure everything will work out fine.
    Until then, I get plenty of time to get crackin' on my chops.

12. i remember when my band dissolved.

ah well. closing one door only opens another one.