Finally Got It!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by joel the bass player, Jan 13, 2001.

1. Today I went down to my local Mars Music store and picked up a Fender Standard Deluxe Jazz V. I am very happy with it, even though I had to go strait to work after I bought it. Of course I had to get the normal strap and strap locks
    to go with it. I got the Candy Apple Red. It is a nice bass to go along with my MIA P-bass. I think this will rid me of some G.A.S., but now I think that I need a new head to go with my cab. I sure do like it, and it has the best action I have ever seen on a bass right from the store. Does any one else here have this bass and like it as much as I do? Next I might venture into the world of Fretless...
    Never know...HEHEHE
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Good job! Sweet bass ya gots there. Meanwhile, my GAS runs untaimed...
  3. MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    Congrats Jim! :D

CAR is one of my fav colors.
  4. Nice axe, the deluxe is far better than the Std.
  5. I was wondering if anyone knows an average time that I can expect the 9v to last in my bass, if it is played for say an hour a day?
  6. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    My wife got me that exact bass (well, I picked it out and she paid for it) for Father's Day last year. I've been playing guitar for close to 20 years and now that I started recording a bass seemed like a good idea.

Actually, I've hardly picked up my guitar since I bought it. I'm slowly becoming a bottom dweller :D
  7. oo0o00o0oo

Apr 30, 2000
    I change the battery on my active when it starts to sound kinda fuzzy, you'll know the sound when you hear it. Mine last about 2 or 3 months
  8. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Remove the instrument cable from the bass when not in use and the battery could last in excess of 6 months.
  9. Last night I was up until about 2:30 am because I was playing my bass. I installed the straplocks and got all of the plastic off the pickguard and knob plate. It looks neat with the black straplocks on the bass, which I put on all of them I have. Now I have to take my Peavey Combo 115 into the store because I fear that there is a tear in the speaker. Hopefully I can get it reapaired or sell it for a good price.
  10. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    I usually replace the batteries in my active basses after 3 or 4 months. I then put the old battery in my Boss tuner.
  11. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    My actives have all come with Duracell Industrial batteries, and they seem good for 1.5-2 years. I wonder where joe public can buy them?
  12. I just played this last night at church and I like it even more. Sounds pretty good through the hartke kickback 15 and the church pa. A friend noticed my new bass and really liked the sound. This one is sure heavier than my P! It is taking a while for me to get comfortable with the extra string, but I brought my Precision just in case I couldnt get a song, but I ended up using the Jazz most of the service!