Finally got it!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ThePez, Mar 10, 2001.

1. I've been putting off buying a new bass for about 2 years now, but I finally broke down and got one. I really wasn't looking to buy one right now, but on Friday I sat down and played a G&L L-2000 and fell in love! It's a beautiful bass. It's natural swamp ash body with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard. Man, this thing has PUNCH. It's amazing how many diffrent tones you can get out of this bass. The electronics are great and I love the way you can switch between passive and active mode. I bought it used, but it looks absolutly brand new. Not a scratch or dent or ding on it. I'm so stoked!

I don't have any pics, but you've probley seen 'em before. :)
  2. Congrats, I play an L-2500, same beast diff size.....Many happy grooves in the future I am sure......[​IMG]
    Sorry I could not find a r/w fretboard....But I had to post a pic for you anyway.....
  3. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    it's always cool to have a new bass!
  4. Thanks guys.

Nice pic too!:)
  5. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Congrats!!! A new toy is always something to be psyched up about. Nice looking bass on that pic too :)
  6. I don't have a digital camera to take a picture of my actual bass, but this is the same bass with a maple fretboard. My fretboard is rosewood, but the neck is maple.

7. Hey Pez, congratulations on your new bass. I'm interested in getting a G&L also. I just bought an
    Epi Jack Casady, which I still can't stop playing, but
    I do want to get a 5 string, and G&L is at the top of
    my list, though it may not be for a while. If it's not
    too much to ask, can you describe some of the tones you can get out of your G&L? I've tried to describe the Casady, but, you really have to hear it live to appreciate it. Compare it to say a Jazz bass
    or a Musicman.

Mike J.
  8. Hey Pez, where did you get your G&L? I saw one just like that at Alpha Music.Anyways,congrats!!! Love the finish...sweeeeeeeeeettttt!!!
  9. Congrats, Pez! L2000s are killer basses. Enjoy!
  10. Michael- You can get alot of diffrent tones, but it's kinda hard to describe. With passive, active, and active with high eq boost, series or parallel, neck p/u, bridge p/u, or both.....the possibilties are endless. It can sound like the Musicman with that low growl or you set it up to sound like a warm P-bass. With the high frequincy active boost, you get a killer slap sound.

Willie- If you go back to Alpha, that G&L is gone! It's chillin' at my house :D! Did you play it at the store? If so, tell me what you think.

Thanks Dave.
  11. Pez, thanks a lot. Sounds like versatile is not the word for your bass.

Mike J.
  12. Hey Pez,I didn't play that particular G&L,but I've played some before.They kick much bootey!!! I'm happy for ya!!! The tonal possibilities are amazing!!! Speaking of missing basses,I just snagged the quilted Dean Razor from Alpha.I'm in love with it.It looks ,sounds, and plays great.
  13. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Congrats on the L2000, Pez. One of my favorites.
  14. Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Pez, I played it as well, but didn't really like have my cooties on your bass! hehe

see that used Green Charvel in there? that may be mine come saturday. i am trading in my new fender P...i just cannot get accustomed to it. i am thinking of getting the charvel, case and a korg tuner...we'll see
  15. David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    Really a nice bass, but natural is not my thingy...

anyways, have fun with it !

16. SEAN'S COOTIES!!!!

Crap! I'm taking it back.

I missed the green Charvel, but I'll check it out tommarrow. I goin' up there so they can adjust my Ovation. That free setup for life is pretty cool!

Willie-congrates on your new Dean.
  17. Thanks Pez!!! I've played the ASATs and really dug the sound.Have much fun with yours.