Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

finally got me a rig!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Basslord1124, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Basslord1124

Basslord1124

May 22, 2002
    Ohio
    Well you might remember me posting about looking for cabinets (mentioned I was looking at Aguilar, Ashdown, etc) and a preamp (looking at SWR). Well I have now got me a rig that I'm very happy with and it's actually the opposite end of the spectrum in terms of the brands I mentioned. But anyways here's what it consists of:

Sansamp RBI preamp
    Yamaha CP2000 poweramp

The sound from this rig is awesome...especially for the money. Which speaking of that, that's what changed my mind from my previous decisions. I eventually just came to the conclusion that I can't afford stuff like Aguilar, SWR, etc. ...so I think it's important that I look for something I can afford at this point then maybe in the future when I have some more money, I can go a little more hog wild in terms of gear But I will say that with the sound this thing gives I'm very impressed and will probably keep it for a while. Just thought I'd let you all know. Peace. ;)

2. Basslord1124

Basslord1124

May 22, 2002
    Ohio
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I also sold my Steinberger Spirit and replaced it with a 79 Antigua Fender Precision. Here's a pic of it:

[​IMG]

3. Nice rig!You should be able to knock down walls with that thing.I have an RBI too and don't have any desire to upgrade.With the power you have you could add more cabs if you needed to,good choice.It would be hard to find a head with that much power and tone for any price.Everyboby says the Avatars are great to so you may not need to upgrade.