finally got my 4x10 now i need a head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RockStar571, Aug 8, 2002.

1. ok so i broke down and got a david eden 410 it's 540@8 and i was wonder what you guys would reccommend for a head to push it? should i go with a power amp and a pre-amp?
  2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Eden WT600 or SWR SM500
  3. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    yeah i suggest going power amp preamp separate..

QSC or carvin power amp
    SWR, ampeg, or peavey max preamps work great IMO
  4. voionmaa

voionmaa Guest

Apr 3, 2002
    I just bought an Eden WT1000 power amp. Great amp, can't go wrong. Compared to a Crown PowerTech 2.1. Definately had a much tighter, warmer sound than the Crown. Also has the tone control which is great if you need to roll off low end. didn't get a chance to test the Eden 410 cab; ended up with a Genz Benz 410 which I really like.
  5. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Eden paired with Genz Benz? If Munji sees this it's going to be trouble! :D
  6. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hey man! I have that exact same Eden cabinet (D-410T). I would go with something that can put at least 400 watts through it (at 8ohms). That's my opinion. I had a Euphonic Audio iAmp-350 and that was a great little head but I felt like it just wasn't enough power for the cab. I just ordered an SWR SM-500 :D (from the infamous Gard) and I'm getting it in next week so I can let you know how it sounds through that cab. I think it's going to sound great as I think that head sounds great through other 4x10's I've heard.

Currently I'm just running this little SWR Workingman's 300 head through it that I bought for 100bucks to use as a backup. It sounds good, just a little small for a 4x10 IMO.

brad cook