1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

finally got my 4x10 now i need a head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RockStar571, Aug 8, 2002.

1. ok so i broke down and got a david eden 410 it's 540@8 and i was wonder what you guys would reccommend for a head to push it? should i go with a power amp and a pre-amp?

2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Eden WT600 or SWR SM500

3. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    yeah i suggest going power amp preamp separate..

QSC or carvin power amp
    SWR, ampeg, or peavey max preamps work great IMO

4. voionmaa

voionmaa Guest

Apr 3, 2002
    I just bought an Eden WT1000 power amp. Great amp, can't go wrong. Compared to a Crown PowerTech 2.1. Definately had a much tighter, warmer sound than the Crown. Also has the tone control which is great if you need to roll off low end. didn't get a chance to test the Eden 410 cab; ended up with a Genz Benz 410 which I really like.

5. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Eden paired with Genz Benz? If Munji sees this it's going to be trouble! :D

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hey man! I have that exact same Eden cabinet (D-410T). I would go with something that can put at least 400 watts through it (at 8ohms). That's my opinion. I had a Euphonic Audio iAmp-350 and that was a great little head but I felt like it just wasn't enough power for the cab. I just ordered an SWR SM-500 :D (from the infamous Gard) and I'm getting it in next week so I can let you know how it sounds through that cab. I think it's going to sound great as I think that head sounds great through other 4x10's I've heard.

Currently I'm just running this little SWR Workingman's 300 head through it that I bought for 100bucks to use as a backup. It sounds good, just a little small for a 4x10 IMO.

brad cook