Finally got my first Rig together

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by incognito89x, Jun 20, 2003.

1. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan

I took a long month of waiting for the head, but it was nice to finally be able to play my bass again, and through a nice rig :D

Ampeg B2R with an Avatar B410

$825 well spent :)
  2. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Nice! Me like!! Enjoy.
  3. reachjkh

Nov 21, 2002
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Excellent. Feels good to have a rig.
  4. tonrutoo

Apr 18, 2003
    right behind you!
    i'm waiting for my cab.
    nice outfit,BTW.
  5. Damn...nice Cab,I dun like Ampeg head's though...too expensive:)

Congrats though.

6. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Ampeg and Avatar is a great combination! Enjoy!
  7. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I remember the day i stepped up from my 10 watt combo to my amazing extrememly powerful 60 watt solid state head and 15" cab... the worst rig ever... now its an SVT-III pro thru a Hartke 410XL...
  8. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Yeah, but i found a pretty good deal for a brand new AMpeg head, so I had to jump on it :D If you can find a deal, it's well worth it.
  9. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Hey, nice rig! I gotta question though... how's the B2R? What kind of genre of music do you play, how versatile is it, how is its growly rock tone? I'd really like to know... and also, how loud is it, if you can find out? I heard B2R's are underpowered...

Sorry if I'm asking too many Q's, but I'm really hoping to put together a similar rig, a moderately cheap head and an Avatar...

But yeah... nice rig! Have fun with it.:)
  10. Yeah dude,I'm sure it sounds sweet...but,it's not my street...or something like that:confused:

Have fun:)

11. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

That is really nice lookin amigo!
  12. Talk about a deal, I traded my '92 stingray that i didnt want for a NOS SVT-2 Pro. Heh. That's a deal if I ever heard one.
  13. Sweet, now you just have to build a rack system to go with the head :D

And, IME, the B2R isn't as powerful as I'd like it to be but it does the job most of the time, and sounds great.
  14. incognito89x

incognito89x &#9834;&#9835;&#9834; &#9834; &#9834; &#9835;&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    As Nicoli said it isn't the loudest amp ever, but it does it's job. I have the Gain at about 3 and the Master at about half and it was loud enough to play with music at quite a loud volume. I haven't had a chance to crank it all the way yet.

It sounds great with the Avatar cab. Growly, i'm not too sure, I use a Warwick, so it has lots of growl to begin with, but it gets a great tone, it is pretty versatile. You can get a lot of shaping with the Bass, Ultra Mid and Treble, and you can continue to shape the tone with the Graphic EQ.

I'm not sure how it would work for a large or outdoor gig, but for small or inside stuff, I think it would be pretty good.
  15. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB

Thanks, man. Sounds :)D) like a great head! As for the Warwick, I'm GASsing for a used thumb 4 BO for my primary 4-banger... I probably wouldn't be using a 350-watter for outdoor gigs, but more for small indoor gigs or rehearsals.

But have fun with the rig!:cool: :bassist:
  16. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    sweet rig!

if there ever was a great deal on a cab, Avatar is it. $339 for a cab that pushes 1400 watts?!

:bassist: (x10)

i also love that understated look, with the small logo, and slightly blue tinted speakers. thankfully, not like the obnoxiously comic blue speakers of Ashdown's cabs.

btw, i finally got to hear a bud's avatar 4x10 rig at an r&b showcase in Philly, and wow, i was really impressed. he was running his beloved '62 jazz thru his trusty Alembic / QSC rig thru his, and man, did he have tone! waaaaaaay better than that beat to crap Hartke 4x10 he's been using for years.
  17. incognito89x

incognito89x &#9834;&#9835;&#9834; &#9834; &#9834; &#9835;&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Yeah, I really like the tone the combo make. The only problem is i'm growing tired and not as fond of my bass as I was when I got it :meh: (a whole 5 months ago :rolleyes: :D )

Just doesn't have the tone or playbility that I want.

Oh well... now that I have a good rig, time to change up the bass rotation again :p
  18. incognito.. I just purchased an SVT 3-Pro and I'm looking to get myself a 4x10 cabinet. I'm kind of curious at what I can expect with your amp's big brother. I own a Fender Jazz in Ice Blue Metallic (I love saying that almost as much I love the color) and I'm hoping to get a nice, crisp sound out of it.

Are you pretty satisfied with the sound you've gotten out of that combo, or are you still trying to find your sound? How much more has the 4x10 helped you in achieving that?

19. Dude, I have the same rig :D

I bought (the ampeg) used and payed $750 for the whole thing.

I'm thinking about adding an avatar 210 to it, or a 212
  20. Do any of you guys think that after I buy the 210 (or whatever), my amp will be worth around a grand and I'll be playing on an essex?