Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally got my Fodera

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hiphopbassist, Jun 11, 2002.

1. been wanting this bass for a minute. finally got it from beaver and company at bass central. these guys are def chill. if you need it, and they got it, you owe it to yourself to give them a shot. you won't be disappointed.

this bass plays great, balances great, and the workmanship is flawless. for me, it doesn't get any better than this. expensive? oh yeah, but i felt it was worth it. can get all kinds of cool tones out of this instrument. never held onto any bass i ever had, but this one? heh heh, imma have it for the rest of my life. i'm now officially cured of g.a.s. well, it's def in remission anyway:D

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    If that's the bass I'm thinking of, I played it when I was in their shop last fall. If it's different, then oh well...

Anyway, the one I played was a true player! A beauty! Fantastic!

Congrats on your new acquisition:D

3. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    congrats! i ordered my custom fodera through basscentral. if everything goes correctly i should have it in a couple of weeks.

4. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    hiphopbassist

Looks great man, enjoy!

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    awesome fodera, man...looks like something vic wooten would play

6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Beauty!

7. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    you = suck!!!

8. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    I agree with warwick5s, you= the sux ;D

9. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    I was tempted recently to unload my Thumb B/O AND Pedulla Pentabuzz to get a used Fodera 4 like that one.

Oh, the humanity!!!

10. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

yeah? wow, imagine that ;) hee hee

that is one bomb ass fodera

11. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Nice bass man..nice bass:)

Alex

12. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I got to fool around with one like that when I was in Dallas, several months ago. That bass was phenominal, to say the least. I swear it even made me sound good. I'm sure yours is just as incredible. Good luck with it and have fun.:D

13. thanks everybody for the compliments and ball busting. it's def appreciated.;). y'all rock!!!!

14. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Well, as the only other TBer that's played that bass, I believe I can comment here...

IT ROCKS!!!

(As do all Foderas...er...Foderii....uh....yeah...whatever :D)

Glad you dig it HHB, and glad we stumbled to the solution for your quandry with the neck adjustment! :eek: ;)

(Rather be lucky than good, but I'm working on being BOTH)

15. If it's anything like the Monarch 4 that was in BC when I was there a few months ago, it's amazing. I was sorta scared to pick that one up because 1) I might break it, and I couldn't afford it, or 2) I might like it WAY too much, and I couldn't afford it. :) I just barely avoided #2 by just holding the bass for a few minutes and not actually plugging it in, but it was a close call...

Anyway, congratulations!

Mike

16. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Hey Gard, is that the one I played last summer? If it is, it's the only bass I thought MIGHT sound better than my Lakland. That thing rules.

Congrats hiphop!

17. Congrads. on your new Bass. I agree that the guys at Bass Central are top notch.

Why put off for tomorrow what you can do today BECAUSE, If you like it, you can do it again tomorrow

18. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Hiphop...Are you going to be playing that thing out anywhere in our neighborhood? I'd love to come out and hear it!!!

19. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Mike & Munji...nope, that's a brand new bass, just came in the shop 3 weeks or so ago. But, they're all pretty consistent: FREAKIN' AMAZIN' :D

Thankfully, they only have 4 strings, and I haven't played a Fodera 5 that had "it" for me yet (although they're all killer basses!).

20. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    Congrats on the new Fodera. I have two fivers and
    love them.

My new one...(sorry bad pic)