finally got my g&l 2k...

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by geodeath, Aug 25, 2009.

1. geodeath

geodeath

Apr 30, 2009
    Some people might actually remember this FS/FT ad here on TB.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539152

i was the lucky one to get this baby, but the seller had to ship it to a friend of mine that lives in the USA, cause he would later come to visit Greece where i live, so i could cut down on shipping costs and problems with customs etc. So i had to wait almost 3-4 months before i actually got this into my hands but boy, this is the real deal! I can really hear myself playing decent things, although i am clearly missing skills here.. but anyway, i can produce decent sounds and can play way easier than with my previous entry level metal bass i had.. Even my ****** 20watt practice amp sounds crystal clean with this bass, which is a blast!

Of course i set the bass to a sound i like without giving too much thought on the settings yet, since i am not playing with other people to try and test different sounds, i just set it so it is satisfactory for me while practicing and playing along songs etc. I definitely need to get into a band!! I miss playing along other people like i did almost 10 years ago.

So, i love my new bass! Mega thanks to GassieBall for selling this awesome bass which is in a totally NEW condition, nobody can tell its not new.. Just great!! I am really happy i waited till i found a good ad and a good instrument and held off so many months before even touching it. In the end i got a fine axe, now if only i had lots of time to play.. :bassist:

I would post pics, but GassieBall did an excellent job documenting the bass in the ad, so i am not entirely sure they are needed. But it no pics-no bass still stands, i can do it lol

All in all?
    I got a bass that costs 1800 euros new here (2,580 USD over there) for 900USD which convert to like 600 Euros here. Yes, a steal. Manipulating the forex market, anyone?

George

2. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    That's a beautiful bass. Congrats! Enjoy it.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021