Finally Got My GK SBX 210-II Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 'JC', Jul 9, 2005.

1. 'JC'

Mar 14, 2000
    The cab I ordered back in April is finally home.

The story: Placed an order for a GK rig at GC. I was unaware the SBX II 210 was not in production at the time. GC said it was. Got a regular mk-I cab and told them I said mk-II. The II was supposed to be here July 4th. GK customer service comes through after I got on to them for the long delay and they said "spoke to the salesman already. sorry about that. we'll have one built and sent out today."

Very nice GK! :)
    It would appear in the rush, they forgot the warranty card and spec sheet, but all things considered, thats no biggie. I'll call for the warranty card Monday.

Anyway I actually did play on the original 210 I got before sending it back and liked it. So warm and tight. I was expecting that same joy I got when I hooked this up by itself to my 700 RB II head.

When I heard it, my first thought were "What the hell? Am I playing an SWR head or running through an Octa Bass?" The left speaker just had this weird overtone to it and almost sounded like octaves.

I switched out my Warwick with an Ibanez and cut the volume to warm the amp up. This worked. Back to the Streamer and although that overtone wan't there anymore something else was - punch!

Finally after an hour of so of moderate playing, hooked up the SBX 115-II too and cranked up some more.

Oh man. I love my new cab. It really compliments the sound and adds to the range and feel.

If my 115 is Pamela Anderson in her prime, my 210 is her enhanced snack trays that make it all worth it. :bassist: