Finally got my Metro!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Niskamies, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Niskamies

Jan 13, 2004
    After 7 months of waiting, my Sadowsky MS5 finally arrived to Finland. I was totally astonished when I opened the case for the first time. This one is a beauty! Nice case btw.

I tested it first unlplugged. I felt myself home on the neck almost instantly, even though I've never owned a fiver before. Nice touch, and excellent playability. The action was too low for my taste, but the bass was shipped from Bas-Emporium to Miami, and then here to Finland. I raised the action and now the bass is perfect for my touch. The bass really is good unplugged, I can even hear and feel the low b-string.

Then I plugged the bass into my EBS HD350 amp, and I was blown away! The tone is absolutely fantastic. I like this bass much more than a early 90's NYC Sad that I have been playing. This bass just sounds so big! I got a variety of nice tones without even touching my amp settings. The bass is very piano-like. A nice bright tone, and I don't really feel that I would need the VTC. This is just what is was needing!

And the finish is perfect. Now flaws found, and this is a beautiful instrument. I thought that my Fender Jaco Pastorius was the most beautiful instrument, but now I think that there is nothing better than this. I will probably record something with this in a couple of weeks.

And then the pic. Beautiful isn't it!
  2. Las Olas

Las Olas

Apr 20, 2003
    Scarborough, UK
    Stunning! Congratulations on a stunning new instrument! I'd hate to wait that long for something I wanted so much!

Mike :bassist:
  3. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I have the same one. I know exactly what you mean. Enjoy!!!
  4. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Welcome to the club. looks like you renewed your membership!

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrads, Sadowsky Rocks. :bassist:
  6. Niskamies

Jan 13, 2004
    Finally got to play with a drummer. I turned my amp ump, and both I and the drummer were stunned with the great tone. I don't remember that the drummer has ever before commented on my tone.

I really think that this is much better than my bass teachers NYC Sadowsky. Finally starts to feel my own after a day of playing. I also got my Fulltone bassdrive, and I got great Yes-like tones with the bridge pickup. I am in love!
  7. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Great bass. I find when comparing basses, the way it is setup makes a lot of difference. Im sure if someone were to lay our 5 sadowsys, metros and NYCs, id prefer whichever one was setup best for me. All sadowskys kick butt period so after that i think its just a matter of what suits you best.

Congratulations. I feel similairly about my Musicman Sterling :)
  8. Niskamies

Jan 13, 2004
    If somebodys interested, I recorded my MS5 today:

Directly to the input in my Digi 002. No DI box or amp. No eq on the sound, just a little compressor. The sound is very natural, and sounds a lot what the bass sounds when the amp is set flat.

And, sorry for the bad playing;) I hope you get the point.
  9. hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Dude, that's a picture of a guitar! :eek:
  10. +1 ***?!?
  11. +2 OMGWTFLOL!!!!11!!11
  12. My guess is that the originally posted link to the pic is no longer valid - either that or Finns are very poor at instrument recognition!! ;)
  13. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Edited: I thought that was a modern 5 ...
  14. Steve

Aug 10, 2001 YOU'RE the guy that beat me to that bass by ten minutes!

I ought to come to Finland and kick you in the nuts.

Just kidding. Welcome to the family of people that own basses that actually live up to the hype and price tag.

Nice track BTW.
  15. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I am the proud owner of Namm #3 and enjoy it every minute. Congratulations, just wait till you play some gigs. You'll find out who the bass players in the audience are, there the ones who come up to the stage afterwards and ask what kind of bass that is!
  16. jimriz

Dec 28, 2004
    Congrats, dude. I have an MV5 that I totally dig. Any way you can post a new pic of the bass?
  17. MV5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. All I see is a guitar too. Put another link up I wanna see this thing.
  19. Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Yeah that's a guitar. WHAT THE
    Either way the recording sounds great. What a great boomy, clear tone!
    Haha but its intonation could be worked on.
  20. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    That Sadowsky looks like a Schecter gu*** !!!!!!!

:confused: :eyebrow: