Finally got my new amp!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tyler Hole, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Well, if anyone remembers I was trying to decide on what amp for a while I'd be getting to replace the Peavey and I narrowed it down to GK and I finally made the purchase :) I recieved my GK700RB-II today and it is all I expected and more. It's a very agressive amp and I can't get enough of it. I spent 2 hours playing it before I could pry myself away. Can't wait to try it out hopefully Wednesday with my band and hear how it sounds with everyone.

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    that reminds me... i need to hit up smash for some Stoke stickers...
  3. wow nice looking cab, which model is that?
  4. Its a Hartke 410VX. The grill was originally black, but the previous owner painted it white. So I painted it black again and layed down a light layer of blue. I then applied Stoke stickers I got from SMASH and a GK sticker.
  5. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Man, that rules Tyler. Heh, I'm on another GK binge. I'm aiming at a 410RBH next week. Then a 115RBH, whenever. Rock on.

6. uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    Congratulations Tyler. I recently purchased a 1001RB-II to compliment my Schroeder 1210 and the combination of the two been working out just perfectly for me.

- Frank.
  7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Very nice Tyler.

Since I am about to enter the amp market, I have been checking up on the GK gear. I like it. Maybe I'll join you soon as another new owner of a GK amp.

8. Go for it. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Killer amp.
  9. haha i have the same head/ cab combination
  10. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Sell me the Peavey!
  11. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Very nice. I too just picked up a 1001RB II and am very pleased with the tone. I can't imagine why someone playing various styles wouldnt be happy with this amp or the 700 which is identical in the "front end".
  12. It's a good one!

The Peavey has more of an old school tone than the GK and the GK is really damn agressive. I think with the GK I'll cut through more with what we are going to be doing. The Peavey ain't going no where, so don't worry. I think my guitarist might actually snag an Avatar b210delta and use the peavey with it because he got this killer tone through it when we jammed on Sunday (his amp is on the verge of death, so we didn't want to both messing with it).
  13. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Good choice. I love my 700RB-II. I opted for the GK SBX cabs and haven't been disappointed.

Sounds sweet. As if I really needed to be any more anxious about going to band practice. :hyper:
  14. And also I've noticed that the B isn't really muddy on the GK as opposed to the Peavey. You can really make out the notes.
  15. Here is a recording I just did real quick of it. Not the best quality due to my crappy computer and mic, but it works.