Finally got my new cab.......but

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by socalpyropunk, Oct 30, 2004.

1. now I have no head to even play through it with..this sucks. Our manager rolled up to our show lastnight with the mesa box in the back of her truck. was totally stoked to get the cab but now even more bitter that my R1000 is dead.

so all I can say about it right now is: the silver looks sweet, its lighter and deeper(physically) than I was expecting but seems built very solid. it got a bunch of good comments when we took it out of the box infront of the club from other bands and fans. the silver seems to be a hit.
  2. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    I really dig the silver. You don't know anybody you can borrow a bass head from? I know what you're going through, for a month I had a bass and head, just no cab.
  3. I think its going to come down to me picking up my Ampeg B2 combo from my drummers house and just using that to power it with a measly 200 watts.but he is gone until tomorrow anyway. I'm going to take my head up to Carvin on monday to see what fixing it will cost, or replacing it with a 1500watt poweramp
  4. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    What an awesome looking cabinet.
  5. I agree, it really is awesome looking. Gotta be one of the deepest 4-10 cabs I can remember seeing.

6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I watched them build that very one. Way cool. Now you need a head!
  7. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I really like it. Modern look without looking like some wierd-ass UFO.

I presume it's not just silver pant. It looks like a hard setting protective coat. I've seen this sort of stuff being sold in various colours, most of them horrible, but never in Silver. I'm going to have a bit of a hunt around to see where I can get some.
  8. you can order Mesa cabs in a variety of different colors and textures. here: are the vinyls mine is the silver bronco vinyl, not just painted black, its a different texture than the black altogether.
    I figured it be something different than the black cabs that everyone else has. I do plan to add a silver 1x15 under it in the future. I am really stoked on how it if I could only play through it.
  9. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    oh man, every vinyl cab I've ever owned ended up ripped and torn in no time. Admittedly we were touring extensively at the time and roadies are never as careful with gear as people tend to be with gear they own themselves. Even still, I now baulk at buying vinyl.

I'd still buy it though. It does look really nice.
  10. ya it did come with a cover that I will use anytime I transport it...going to do my best to keep it in good shape.
  11. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    That cab is very sexy...I wish I had one so bad ;) actually 2 of them in the form of a 8x10. I will continue dreaming.

Get a M-Pulse 600 and open the cab up...listen to the groove!
  12. I love my silver Mesa...You will to, i'm sure.
    I've got a few nicks in the tolex already which i'm none to happy about, but it comes with the gig i reckon. A silver 4x10 + 1x15 stack would look killer! I'm now saving for a 2x10 to put atop my 2x15, should be sweet if i get it!

Yay Mesa! :hyper: :hyper:
  13. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

It surely looks badass.
  14. thats what I'm worried about even though I have a feeling it'll happen inevitably. have you been using a cover transporting it? I'll also assume that the 2x15 takes harder hit transporting partially because its harder to move and to be gentle with. I bet that 2x15 sounds sweet. I played though a mesa deisel 2x15 at our last practice.

I'm taking my head to Carvin tomorrow to see what they can do.
  15. Update:
    dropped off my R1000 at Carvin for repairs(not the best experience buts thats another story) and picked up my B2 Ampeg combo you I could use the head in that to power the Mesa.

-Mini cab review:
    I finally got a chance to crank it up today(respectively considering I was only working with 200 watts)...WOW. that thing destroys my SVT 4x10. it goes much lower and remains much clearer. also noticeably louder. The Mesa is a MUCH more bright cab. its also very sensative to my amp and bass settings compared to the ampeg. with the SVT the change in pre amp and guitar preamp didn't have nearly the same affect on sound as it does with the mesa. both good and bad. It going to take me longer to find the sound I really want and its going to be tougher to keep it the same. but so far I love to cab. and I can't wait to run some real power through it. it sounds like it'll cut through the mix incredibly well. I may not even need the 1x15" under it like I Was planning i nthe future. feel free to shoot any questions or recomendations.
  16. I didn't have my cover for about 3 weeks after recieving the cab, so it took some hits going down stairs. The majority of the marks are on the bottom though, were the cover doesn't protect.
  17. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    That is a seriously nice looking cab! Does anyone (Ben?) know how these newer 4x10's sound compared to the older RR and Diesel 4x10's?
  18. Danm

Sep 24, 2003
    Canberra Australia
    I like the look of that silver too...

Our local Mesa Dealer ( Pro Audio ) has a 1x15 & a 4x10 in the silver & it sure looks sweet....

Just wish I could afford it!!!!!!!!!!

Rock on!!!!!
  19. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    What's the going rate in Australia? Just curious........