1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

finally got my new rig together (and thanks)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wotnwhy, Nov 14, 2003.

1. ok, it's been about 8/9 months in the making, but i finally got together my dream rig, i've had the pre and power amp for several months now, but my cab FINALLY arrived today! it's a Glockenklang Double 2x12 cab, the reason i had to wait so long is i had to get some of the money together first, and then wait for it to be built which took a few weeks.

but OH MY GOODNESS the wait was worth it. just playing the new rig in my room made a dramatic difference in sound, it's all just so much clearer and more defined, i couldn't stop playing for hours just because i enjoyed listening so much, deffinetly a first. and it's suprisingly light and easy to carry. anyway, without further ado, specs and pics:

Tech 21 Sansamp RBI pre-amp
    Gemini 1600 power amp (500w a side at 4 ohm, i'm only using 1 side)
    Glockenklang Double 2x12" cab (500w @ 4ohm)

[​IMG]

i also mentioned in the thread title about thank you's. anyone who visits the amps forum a lot may have noticed several threads started by me on preamps, cabs, and just amps in generall. and i'd just like to say a bit THANK YOU to all those people who helped me out in those threads, in particular Petebass who was VERY helpfull in a couple of the threads i started.

ok, thats all folks, whaddaya think? :D

Tom

2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Very schmick indeed! enjoy her man, glad your happy. :)

3. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    Nice! What are the Glock's freq. response specs?

4. 36 Hz - 18 kHz

Tom

5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Very handsome indeed!!!

Personally, I'd rotate the Glock 180° so that the port was near the floor and the tweeter was closer to ear level.

6. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    I agree! Also put a Gramma Pad under it to really hear the best from your rig.:bassist:

7. BillyB, i'll do that.

NeedMoreBass, i've never heard of a grammer pad, but would i be right in guessing thats it's a box to put the cab on to get it closer to your ear?

Tom

8. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
  9. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    From what I've heard about Glocks, I'd imagine that sounds nothing short of KILLER!

Enjoy that rig, I'd love to have a 212 cab in my rig too...someday!:D

10. i had my first jam with the rig this sunday, and if possible, i think i love it even more now.

this this just kicks it's way to the front of the mix, the EQ on my bass and amp were wonderfully flat, and the volume was amazingly low, and still it was absolutely no effort being heard in the mix and it was an unbelievably punchy crystal clear sound.

absolutely worth every one of the many pennies i paid for it, can't wait for a gig to really put it through it's paces!

and, the best thing about it (apart from the sound, obviously) is, i can carry the whole rig at once. and it's the rack case thats the heavier of the 2, this things lighter than a feather. and it's not even the light version :eek:

Tom

11. looks good...wish i had a good rig

12. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    Will you yanks stop it! Have you any idea how much a Gramma costs this side of the Atlantic?

Alex

13. how much?

Tom

14. Picker

Picker

Nov 10, 2003
    wotnwhy ---

Congrats! I'm getting a very similar rig

Have the Sansamp RBI
    Bought a 2x12 Avatar cab (arrived this weekend)

Now I'm just waiting on the power amp... I cant wait!... Glad to hear you like yours.

15. mr e

mr e

Nov 17, 2003
    nyc
    i picked up a gramma at mannys for $40
    and love it

16. TRIPSTER

TRIPSTER

Aug 13, 2003
    Sulphur LA
    I love my Double! For fretless it's hard to beat. Heck, it's just plain hard to beat.

17. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    I can't find the email at the moment but IIRC it was about £100 = $170 at current rates. Too much for 3 pieces of acoustic foam glued onto some carpeted plywood IMO (especially as it's exactly the wrong shape for my vertically stacked Acme rig).

Alex