Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

finally got my warwick

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funktastic, Jan 3, 2006.

1. funktastic

funktastic

Mar 16, 2005
    Like the title says, my Thumb came in today. It's a 1993 model with chrome hardware, a wenge neck, and the original just-a-nut. Man, this thing has some KILLER sounds! I'll post pics tomorrow afternoon. The weight really is perfect for me so i am in total heaven. :hyper: :bassist:

2. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    Bass doesn't exist without pics... sorry brother ;)

3. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    nice- i am always jonesing for an early warwick, but the weight is always an issue- glad to hear you found one you love... and post some freakin' pics :smug:

4. Awesome! :D

Thumbs are great.

5. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Good for You!!!
    Don't bother announncing it w/ out pics, no pics no bass. :p
    Warwicks are great, early ones even better.

6. Good News! :hyper: :bassist: Congratulations!!!!!!!! :D

And more good news... the wife told me I got mine today from Bass Central... :hyper: [​IMG]
    Bad news... I don't get to go home for another week and a half... I hate working out of town!!!!! :crying:

7. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    +1

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Hmm, so you didn't get a Warwick, did you? Where are the pics. I don't see no steenking pics! Do you see any steenking pics?! No! Where are the pics, brother?! Huh? Answer me! Call me "Sir", damn you!

Sorry, it's time for my meds. :bag:

9. congrats!!!! i really wanted a thumb but ii could not quite afford one (just yet) cant wait to see som pics!

10. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    I tried my first Thumb-5 NT 10 years ago at a GC in Arlington, Texas. I was there on vacation visitin' 'da kin folk... I was awestruck right of the bat! Trouble was... I didn't want to drop the nearly 3 LARGE they were asking for it at the time... they cost more that that now!

Last August I happened into a music store here in Honolulu, and hanging from the ceiling was a used Thumb-5 NT... 1999 vintage. After signing $1300 to my Mastercard, I walked out with it. I still feel pretty good with this purchase... :bassist:

11. If you are ever looking for one, give these guys a try:

www.basscentral.com

I got a hell of a deal on my buzzard there, way below anywhere else I could find one, but the prices on the web site are pretty much list... you need to ask for a quote. :hyper: :D

12. ++++++++1

i got a great deal on my corvette from them it only came today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    but bass central ... great guys

13. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Mucho mahalos, Doc! I'm aware of Bass Central, down there in hurricane land. I'm thinking of getting an EB SR-5 HH from them in the not too distant future. I'm going to wait 'til tax time to see where I stand for 2005, and, if things go as I anticipate... my tax guy better make me smile... then I will treat myself to one of these axes, and BC will be my source...

Let me assure you... the '99 Thumb-5 I got from the shop here on Oahu was, and still is, in excellent... 'cuz I can't honestly use the term 'pristine'... condition. While I find the NT Thumb to have it's own 'unique' sound (this is my opinion...)... more for blues and/or jazz stuff, I want a Stingray-5 for death-defying rock 'n roll.

I've posted this comment elsewhere: I attended a medical supplies trade show in Atlanta last October. One of my major suppliers hosted a great party at this rock venue, which used to be a church... it's located downtown, very near to the convention center and CNN. Anyway, they hired a couple of bands... one played on the main stage (mostly pop stuff), while the other (great rock 'n roll stuff)... the band I stayed with... played in the 'basement' level. They were fabulous! The bassist was playing a SR-4 through a classic Ampeg 8 x 10. While I can't tell you exactly which one, his amp head was a GK. I didn't see any effects pedals... just pure sound blasting away from that refrigerator of his... and it was great. Ever since, I feel the need for a 'Ray... and I want one with five strings! :D

14. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Congrats on the new bass, thumbs are fun.

15. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY

or soundclips.....

16. They really are great folks. It was one of the easiest transactions I have made for an instrument. I can't wait to get home to play it... Next Thursday... :hyper:

17. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Why do you guys always say that? I've never posted a pic of any of my basses here, yet here they are right behind me in my rack, existing.

18. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    I'm glad you said this... seriously. ;)

19. funktastic

funktastic

Mar 16, 2005
    Ok, I finally got pics of it...but i don't know how to do the post pictures deal.