Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally got to see the movie Vanilla Sky...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by gfab333, Mar 28, 2003.

1. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Finally got around to seeing the movie Vanilla Sky on DVD. It wasn't at the top of my list, but I'm glad that I got to see it. It's one of those weird movies where you don't know which part of the movie is reality and which part is just a dream.

Good acting on the part of Tom Cruise, Penelope Cruz, and Kurt Russell. It was pretty unexpected to see Cameron Diaz portraying a "Fatal Attaction" style bitch. I still relate to her as being the cutie in that movie where she got some white goop in her hair.

2. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    yeah...it stays with you for a while...and while I thought it was just "ok", it was worth seeing.

3. Very good, defenetly worth seeing. But it's a remake of a Spanish movie called "Abre los ojos" or "Open your eyes".

If you liked it, try watching "Amelie".

4. I much prefer Abre los ojos - Tom Cruise's tendency to grin like a cheshire cat whenever possible really annoys me.

.....plus in the original you get to see "more" of Penelope Cruz;) :D :oops:

5. I saw that back when it first came out. Thought it was pretty good. A bit out there at times, but still a good movie.

jtbp