Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally got to try a set of tapes

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, May 4, 2002.

1. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Musician's Friend was having a string sale, so I decided to try a set of Tapewounds on my Precision. (since they are normally like 40 bucks, and they were on for like 20) I ordered a set of Fender Nylon Filament Roundwounds.

I must say, I really dig these strings. I still like a pure round wound the best, but these have a great tone for oldies and blues. I'm surprised at how bright they can be when you want them. And that's another thing, it seems like they are more expressive to how you attack the strings, and where you pluck them. (At least it does to me)

2. I also have a P with tapes, which I use for oldies gigs. You cant beat them.

3. some guy#2

some guy#2

Feb 3, 2001
    I dig the 7120's but found I like the 9120's even MORE!

4. I have 9120 on my Jaguar and 7120 on my P Bass Dlx. I think the 9120 is a heavier set, with meater E and more tension on the A< D and G. The 7120 is lighter on teh E with more even tension across the A, D and G, making them feel more relaxed in my opinion.

I think I like the 9120s better too, but haven't had the 7120s on long enough to give them a fair road test. that P BAss is the easiest playing instrument in my aersonal right now.

5. KrispyJones

KrispyJones

Dec 3, 2006