1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Finally got to try my Schroeder / ThunderFunk rig in a band situation.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nad, Apr 9, 2006.

1. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    TF420 through a 1212 cab, picked both up used a few months ago. For starters, it's PLENTY loud to keep up with a hardhitting drummer and a full guitar stack. I run the amp flat with just a hair to the treble side on the Timbre and around 3 on the Enhance. The only thing missing was a bit of booty, but that was quickly solved with a slight bass boost on my Sterling. Gain and Volume were both only at 3 and I was pushing some serious air in a very wide open room (50' x 100' warehouse), and that was even with my Ampwedge shoved under the cab. Good stuff!

Incidentally, I joined a new band today, and already did a radio-interview with them. The best part is I went to LA to jam with another group (which didn't work out too well) but the owner of the rehearsal space said "hey, you're good. Stick around when you're done here, I need a bassist." :hyper:

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    amazing little combo arent they? ;)

3. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner Mo's Shop & MBD - Tech Nordstrand

May 25, 2003
    Redlands, CA
    wassup nad?

where did you play in LA? if I may ask....
    TF rocks!

Mo'

4. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    What's going on man?

Played at Stoner Rehearsal Studios, really nice setup they have! The website is http://www.rpgrecords.com/ , very cool group of people I'm looking forward to jamming with more. :D

5. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    I just rehearsed with my new Tfunk / 1212 setup last night (with a Precision). Very impressive. I found myself going the other way with the Timbre and then adding some upper mids and back in. I've been playing a Mesa, so the Tfunk seemed too lean compared to what I've been used to. Very nice lows... super tight. And the amp sort of had a natural growl to it. I fell back on the Mesa later in the evening, but I'm going to give this Tfunk some time to get accustomed to it.