1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

finally happy with my recorded bass tone

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by fenderthrupeave, Sep 13, 2008.

1. My band is doing our own recordings as the guitarist is a recording arts major, and I have always had to EQ ALOT and run through ampeg SVX preamps to get a decent sound. I was running a behringer DI before effects, a line out from my behringer BDI21 and micing the cab with a beta 52 and I want to say a D12. well the last time we recording we added a 2nd guitarist so it left me with one track because at this point we just record as a full band and iso everyone in different parts of the house. So I ran the DI out of my SVT3 and a Di before my effects. The DI out of the SVT sounded fantastic a nice full bass tone, I think we are going to run the pre effects DI lower in the mix and more high mids. But I just thought I would share about my experiene with recording through the SVT3

2. I'm happy you've found your tone. Moral to this story(if it needs one) is that different DI do not sound the same; I was personally very surprised to hear the difference between the DI on my DMP3's, my FA-101 and my SM200(set flat). The difference isn't subtle, it's like night and day.

3. Padams4

Padams4

Mar 13, 2006
    Funny - I found my sound last week as well. Beat up Jazz Bass with Audere pre into a Demeter DI then Trident pre into the Pro Tools Board. Really liking the sound - no eq or compression on the track.

PA