Finally happy with my recorded tone!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Kyuuga, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Kyuuga

Kyuuga

Jan 5, 2018
    Portugal
    I know how hard it is to listen back to your recordings, especially after they're mixed, and feeling really happy with how you're sounding - there's always that "what if" question in your mind.

But today I can say that I'm happy with how I sound and it's "my" tone. There's nothing special to it, just a good ol' Stingray with a strong pick attack, but it's what I always dreamt of in my head.

It also helps that the engineer mixed it really well and actually listened to my feedback (a rare occurrence!)

I'll drop here the song in its entirety and also the isolated bass track. It's amazing how, in isolation, the track sounds "okay" but then in the mix it all makes sense with the powerful drums behind it. I'm really glad on how it turned out and I can finally say I'm happy with my recorded tone!

ISOLATED TRACK HERE (yes, all recorded "naturally" and with some mistakes)

andruca and 12BitSlab like this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 20, 2022